King of Dragon Pass - Re-Released on Steam

Another one for the wishlist. Heard much about this game but didn't want to go through the hassle of getting it to run on modern PCs. Nice to get a chance to check it out now. This and Darklands is on top of my must-try old-old-school titles.

Recommended! Very unique game, with lots of C&C.

Heard much about this game but didn't want to go through the hassle of getting it to run on modern PCs.

I never had any issues getting my GOG copy to run… o_O

This is also available on iOS and Android, by the way, for whoever wants a fun game on their tablet.

I gave this game a go but didn't have a clue what was going on. Be prepared to read a dictionaries worth before playing...

Daniel.

Didn't realize this was also on android. My fave iOS game. Really the only game I played for any length of time when back I still owned an iphone

EASIEST recommendation! Of special note: The prior to now PC build on GoG was the original edition of the game from years on back, as it were. This new Steam version is a port of the remade(old source code was nigh unto impossible to work with, so they had to dig deep) Mobile platform with new content and general enhancements---this'll be the definitive version by and large though, IIRC, the Mobile base might be a tad ahead on some bits and pieces.

Point is, yes, this is the only Glorantha game thus far because the world is full of terrible mistakes and decisions and this is well worth a purchase especially for first time folks---though I'd reckon for many this would well be the 4th time or so purchasing to support these wonderful, eclectic devs.

I never had any issues getting my GOG copy to run… o_O
Same here and I must say to the people who loved Ice that they should give KoDP a try as this is something very similar but with a much more refined art direction. A very well thought out game all over with an almost unique setting that will teach you a couple of things about the Celtic world. It's sometimes really hard to understand why and how the things went wrong (you and your tribe will die often !) but ultimately -most of the time- things will appear as being logical and fair. Even if I urge the beginners to avoid engaging in business involving any sort of questing for certain Gods… ;)

Isn't this the only video game made that was set in Glorantha?
I have an old copy of runesword around here somewhere, IIRC Avalon Hill boxed edition, but not the original revision. It's one of the later revisions of the original ruleset.

I wonder why a-sharp never made any other games? or any that I'm aware of? I found this must've been right before or as it was first released for the mac. (When I was being a fantard again for a while until I stopped drinking the koolaid and believing stevey's lies.)

[EDIT]
Ah, also remembered, I'd DEARLY LOVE to see a game made with one of the earlier revisions of the 1st Chivalry & Sorcery rulesets.
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
seen this before?
http://www.runesword.com/ddfaq.html

almost forgot...
[/EDIT2]

Last edited:
New post, and ok I was too lazy to search rpgwatch, but I decided to go lookup a-sharp again and see if they really did make no other games, and found:

http://sixages.com/
Supposed to be a "successor" to KoDP out next year...

Wait, this is based on the setting from Runequest?!?!?!?!?O_O

That's awesome, I didn't know a PC game in this setting existed.

Wait, this is based on the setting from Runequest?!?!?!?!?O_O

That's awesome, I didn't know a PC game in this setting existed.

Lucky guy, you are in for a really nice surprise. The game respects wonderfully the lore of Glorantha.

Back
Top Bottom