Age of Decadence - Release in October

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
At the end of the August development update after tons of fixes and improvements you can find this important announcement:

Release plans:

We’re planning to release the game in October. So far we’re on track and we fixed a lot of issues in the last 2 months, as you can see. For the next 2 months we’re switching from monthly to bi-weekly updates to respond faster.

We’re planning to release the final location by the end of August. At that point the game will be content-complete. We’ll test, tweak, and polish through September and early October (so far we’ve allocated 6 weeks) and release.

Thank you for your support and don't forget to restart Ganezzar to see the changes.
More information.

Finally I can play this one 'til the end.

Last edited:
The next one that has a Thursday in it.

Awesome - can't wait to grab and play this one!

How much time has it been? I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just interested.

Game is shaping up to be very fun to play, recent balancing done some very good to build diversity. Hope they will give some love to blockers though, they have a harder time living through combat than dodgers.

Amazing, isn't it? I can only admire the developers for sticking to it, I would have given up afrter five years.

This indeed. I wasn't planning to buy any games at full price for some time due to my huge backlog but for some reason I think I need to buy this game to support these guys for their dedication.

Great news indeed!

Sweet! Fingers crossed, but promising news! Looking forward to finally giving this a spin.

I wonder if their timing will affect sales. To be honest I am only a little interested due to so many rpg's coming out now. WL2 and the DOS enhanced editions both coming out same time. If they do finally release it good for them, but I will wait for reviews and probably only pick it up if reviews are glowing. 5 years ago I would have jumped on this since so few games likes this were being made.

I wonder if their timing will affect sales. To be honest I am only a little interested due to so many rpg's coming out now. WL2 and the DOS enhanced editions both coming out same time. If they do finally release it good for them, but I will wait for reviews and probably only pick it up if reviews are glowing. 5 years ago I would have jumped on this since so few games likes this were being made.

Actually, form what I have played very few games are like it.

The emphasis is actually on replaying the game a few times from different perspectives.

The game itself is relatively short when compared to D:OS (100+ hours for some people).
However, you only get to see a small portion of the game if you play it through once.
The game plays out very differently even in the starting town if you play it from different backgrounds.

I think that's quite special.

Actually, form what I have played very few games are like it.

The emphasis is actually on replaying the game a few times from different perspectives.

The game itself is relatively short when compared to D:OS (100+ hours for some people).
However, you only get to see a small portion of the game if you play it through once.
The game plays out very differently even in the starting town if you play it from different backgrounds.

I think that's quite special.

If that's its unique selling point, then that's an incredibly good USP and one that, if it works out, should be of great interest. Did you say it was 100 hours per campaign though? If so, my replay for a different angle will likely be a couple of years later each time, lol.

If that's its unique selling point, then that's an incredibly good USP and one that, if it works out, should be of great interest. Did you say it was 100 hours per campaign though? If so, my replay for a different angle will likely be a couple of years later each time, lol.

No, D:OS was 100 hours.

That's my point :D

AoD is much shorter per playthrough, but you can easily play it 4 or 5 times with different outcomes in almost every quest in the game.

A single playthrough is much shorter than a "typical" RPG these days, especially if you play a non-combat character (since combat solutions tend to take longer due to the time invested in the actual fighting). But it's worth replaying at least 2-3 times, and you can experience a really different game even across 4-5 different characters. Similar to classic games like Arcanum, you can experience some crazy-different plotlines and resolutions depending on your character and quest solutions. In particular, there are several markedly different "talky" options (including diplomacy, lore, etc.), several different thief/assassin approaches, and lots of flexibility for very, very different combat character builds.

The best part is that, while some paths have somewhat more content than others, there aren't "bad" and "good" choices (from the player's POV). You can't see anywhere close to all the content in a single playthrough with a single character type, and all of the paths are interesting (tho they obviously won't appeal equally to all play styles).

Back
Top Bottom