Dark Souls III - Interview: This is a Turning Point for the Series

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Tamoor Hussain (Gamespot) has interviewed Hidetaka Miyazaki at GC2015:

Hidetaka Miyazaki talks about the next big step for the Souls franchise, new ideas, Bloodborne DLC, and "The Miyazaki Touch."

[...]

Fans often speculate about whether the Souls framework and style of gameplay will ever extend to genres outside of dark fantasy. Have you thought about that, perhaps sci-fi Souls?

Dark Souls is my life’s work. Everything I came up with for Dark Souls 3 is based on my personal preferences. However, Dark Souls 3 is also actually the turning point for the franchise. This project was launched by the previous From Software management, before I was appointed president. In that sense, Dark Souls 3 is the turning point for the series.

As president of From Software, I am planning to launch several new projects. I can’t quite specify exactly what they are. Those could be something sci-fi, but you’ll have to stay tuned for more about that in the future.

[...]
More information.

While working on Bloodborne, I realised several unique things that I can only get in Dark Souls. For example, letting players have a variety of character builds, in Bloodborne I tried to embed characteristics into certain characters and weapons, rather than letting players build their own characters.

Take that, Bloodborne fans!

Back
Top Bottom