Divinity: Original Sin II - Funded!

Well congratulations are in order, and the developer deserves it. Anyway it looks like the game might reach a million this week if pledges don't stall as they usually do.

Hopefully Larian doesn't promise more then they can deliver this time with the stretch goals. As I remember quite a few members being disappointed.

Just in-case you forgot the last funded stretch was never implemented in Orginal Sin. It was supposed to add NPC Schedules, Day/Night Cycles, and a Weather system.

BTW: Getting funded fast with more role-playing options is a natural idea for an RPG Kickstarter.

I think the game will be fun in cooperative single player (=standard party) with many role-playing options, too. Most players will play the game this way.

Those are all very good suggestions for the sequel Hidden X.
More role-playing options and skill / stat checks.
Chance to avoid combat with other skills (bribing, smooth-talking, etc.).
More dialog options in general.
More factions. More choices with consequences. Hard choices.
I hope Larian listens to some of the offered suggestions.

You can still pledge.

Heh, yeah, I did already. It was just that it was funded so quickly I could barely catch my breath. ;)

Will be interesting to see what the stretch goals are. Might not be as significant as the stretch goals we're used to, given that this is likely a >$5M budget game and we're only Kickstarting a small portion of that.

I think they need to improve the reward tiers. There's nothing at all between $125 and $300, and $300 is just a signature on your box. Then there's the $350 tier which actually gives something interesting (the hoodie), but it's already sold out. It's pretty much dead between $125 and $400.

This KS caught me at bad time as I have no disposable income(I spent lot more than I should have on vacation ), so I will probably have to skip this one.Perhaps only minimal pledge for digital copy.

I am not surprised that this kickstarter is doing so much better than previous.This time they are financing the sequel of already much awarded and beloved game.

Last edited:
skipping this one, although it will clearly be better than I, and the campaign is better thought of.

till i get proof of quality > quantity and good not wacky storytelling, im keeping away

No thanks.

I signed up to be notified when they went live on kickstarter and by the time they notified me (I still haven't been notified), all of the discounted level (10,001!) were claimed. I'm not going to pay $30, just because they couldn't bother to notify me.

Not to mention, simply having those "hurr durr, you didn't know about it early enough, so you have to pay more!" levels are cruddy. I've backed countless crowd-funded projects (nearly a thousand) and that's the best way to turn me off of your project.

Funny fact in the first update: Where Divinity: Original Sin took 12 days to reach its funding goal, Divinity: Original Sin 2 was funded in less than 12 hours.

Wow that was quick!

Damn! Divine Dibs all gone, too late to back the game at this tier..... :(

skipping this one, although it will clearly be better than I, and the campaign is better thought of.

till i get proof of quality > quantity and good not wacky storytelling, im keeping away
That kind of storytelling instasells everything to me. :)

Well hey, good for them and congratulations. Successors to multiple award-winning KS projects should get backed, unless they totally screw up the presentation (which they clearly haven't). I remain unmoved by the MP aspect, but I'll probably back them anyway. I do like the choice of moving in a different direction (sourcers rather than source hunters), but I'm not so happy about playing a villain from the prior game.

Back
Top Bottom