Divinity: Original Sin II - Hands-On Session @ Angry Joe

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is Angry Joe's hands-on sessions for Divinity: Original Sin 2

More information.

He's not that happy anymore. He has been diagnosed with keratoconus yesterday. I hope for him it can be treated and he can continue with his shows.

Well that truly is bad news...hopefully there can be something done.

Poor old Joe. Keratoconus should be manageable though, and there are new treatments coming down the pipe. Properly handled, I don't think it should stop him doing his job. I've known a few people with the condition, and it's not usually disastrous - unless you're a pilot or somesuch.

I don't particularly like Angry Joe but there are actually bad people which are more deserving of contempt than someone like him who is passionate about games and who harms no one. I don't think he is particularly erudite or refined but I think he learned a lot in the last few years.

One of my areas of great interest is how nutrition can help improve eye conditions. This is the same for keratoconus. A diet low in omega 6 fats and with more antioxydants, omega 3 fatty acids from fish, phynonutriments, and carotenoids such as zeaxanthin and lutein can successfully reverse it.

Astaxanthin and bilberry are particularly interesting because they have an extremely potent effect on eye health and act very directly. As I use a computer often 12 hours a day or more I use all of this every day.

Indeed anyone who uses this site should try to do all they can to take care of their vision and the most precious part of their body.

A diet low in omega 6 fats and with more antioxydants, omega 3 fatty acids from fish, phynonutriments, and carotenoids such as zeaxanthin and lutein can successfully reverse it.

This is highly unlikely - it is rather like suggesting that the proper supplements could help a finger to regrow. Do have any evidence?

This is highly unlikely - it is rather like suggesting that the proper supplements could help a finger to regrow. Do have any evidence?

Evidence, I am sure you could read it some place on the internet. Everything the net is true and factual.

There are many things about the human body that are still unknown. Science in medicine is simply the implementation of statistics. Its "most common" that "this" will cure "disease". If the "most common" cure won't work, we move on to the "next most common". etc etc.

In practice however there are always things that are outside the "most common". You can call it what you want, but sometimes alternative methods work.

Not everything can be explained with science papers. Sometimes the statistical minority written off in a medical trial might work for someone else.

Medical science is not simply the implementation of statistics - there is also a rather large element of understanding the mechanisms by which things work, how they go wrong, and how it might make sense to fix them.

There are many conditions that are poorly understood, and diet is no doubt a significant factor in general health. But what HHR says here makes no sense. This condition is structural - the tissue that forms the cornea loses integrity over time, and loses its shape. It would then need to be reshaped, through advanced surgeries that are not yet well-developed.

I have no doubt that a proper diet can help with ocular health in general, in the same way that plenty of calcium is good for strong bones. But to suggest that supplements are going to reshape a deformed cornea is like saying that drinking lots of milk will correct a curved spine.

Back
Top Bottom