Overfall - Kickstarter Update: Demo is live!

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
With 15 days left in the Kickstarter campaign for Overfall Pera Games has released a special pre-alpha demo, so you can try the game now:

Kickstarter Special Pre-Alpha Demo is LIVE!

Hello Seafarers!

As promised, we are ready to release our first public playable build! This Kickstarter special pre-alpha demo features: one of many quests that will be available in the full game, as well as:

• 38 visitable locations
  • 20 ships to encounter
  • 40 NPCs to meet
  • Fully-implemented combat with 2 heroes, 1 companion, 3 allies, and 14 enemies.
  • Available for PC and Mac.
Instead of giving the player a potentially unbalanced or incomplete roguelike experience, the we’ve decided to have the demo focus on a single quest to give you the general feel of gameplay.

As you will see on the disclaimer, please keep that in mind this is a pre-alpha build of Overfall. You will find that most of the world is either empty or bizarrely obsessed with getting you to a particular island. Don’t worry! This is only one of many stories you will be able to experience on Overfall. There are many, many more to come. Also, please do not be alarmed by any disembodied voices, teleporting heroes, or paralyzed NPCs. These are perfectly normal breakdowns of the fabric of reality and will be resolved shortly.

-> Download link
More information.

First I've seen of this Kickstarter. Looks interesting. Too bad they fell for the "let's do early bird discounts and penalize later supporters, when we really desperately need support to hit the finish line" trap. That's just such a hard thing to convince later backers to support, when so many games launch for a price even lower than you backed it for, these days.

First I've seen of this Kickstarter. Looks interesting. Too bad they fell for the "let's do early bird discounts and penalize later supporters, when we really desperately need support to hit the finish line" trap. That's just such a hard thing to convince later backers to support, when so many games launch for a price even lower than you backed it for, these days.

Hey Branthog - yes you are right, and we are learning too much these days, it was a mistake to have "early bird" speacials. Well this is basically something that i can not turn back, however i can say that - Overfall will not be lower than 10 USD.

Glad you like the game anyways. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom