PoE: The White March - Interview @ Shacknews

In case you don't want to watch the whole video, at 6:10, Josh Sawyer talks about his ideas for what they'd like to change and add for a sequel. Very interesting. I loved POE, but it seems they're definately addressing some complaints about the first game in the sequel. Also they're planning a new kickstarter (that's an earlier question) sounds like it won't be POE2.

of course. to me it would seem like the worst idea possible, to make sequels
its like basketball shoes. you need to have a rotation, not just use one pair till it dies.

I've just started my second character with the White March part 1 installed. Whilst I really enjoyed the first half in my original playthrough, I think playing on normal was probably an error of judgment on my part, as it made much of Act III a cake-walk and I lost some of the immediacy and enjoyment present in the first act and everything leading up to completing the Endless Paths dungeon.

I'm hoping the hard difficulty combined with the new content and additions to the level cap will make for a more well rounded experience which is challenging and motivating for much longer. I'm certainly going to try reaching Defiance Bay much earlier than I did the first time.

I'm also quite interested in testing out the reactivity of the game by doing many quests differently with a wizard rather than a fighter this time around. A major part of the fun factor for me in Baldur's Gate I+II replays is experimenting with party make-ups and planning party management to check out the "inter party banter" and I suspect PoE will be no different in this regard. I barely used Hiravias, Pelegina and Grieving Mother last time, so my party is definitely going to have a complete reshuffle in style and tactical options.

Thanks for the on topic videos - Josh and Adam are cool to listen to!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom