Divinity: Original Sin II - More Stretch Goals

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As we mentioned earlier today, the $1.35M stretch goal of Divinity: Original Sin 2 has been reached. The next stretch goal will be reached at $1.5M, a home in the Hall of Echoes, for which they are thinking of the following:

We have many ambitions for the Hall of Echoes and have been discussing ideas of what players might be able to find there. Nothing is set in stone and we'd love to hear your ideas so please do let us know what you think would be cool additions.

Here's a few of the ideas we came up with:

• An arena in which you can test your mettle against your companions (or a variety of creatures)
  • A campfire for waiting companions
  • Powerful figures - attracted by your presence, who make you all kinds of offers
  • Characters you killed in the world may appear here, haunting you or begging you for deliverance - those who follow the path of the Void will even be able to coerce these poor souls into doing their bidding
  • A spectral anvil on which you can craft unique equipment
  • A magical artefact that allows you to craft special skills
  • A bridge to the Void - an eerie, surreal and VERY dangerous place where special loot/spells/dark Source secrets can be found
  • A bridge to the Gods, where you can visit avatars of the Seven
  • The doorway to the Forge- what could happen if you step through the door?
  • Spirits with special requests, and special rewards...
  • Black mirrors that show you visions of other planes
  • Undead creatures that can be convinced to do dark deeds for you
And then there are the new stretch goals.

$1,650,000 - Dedicated mod tool support!

We'll hire a team that will be dedicated to making the editor as intuitive as possible, and who will help the community build all kinds of new awesomeness.

$1,750,000 - Love/Hate!

We'll dedicate more scripters and writers to expand on the dynamic relationship system we're building. Intense rivalry! Friendship and enmity! And... as so many of you have been asking for it... romance!

$1,850,000 - Metamorphosis... Mask of the Shapeshifter!

Imagine you get a mask that lets you change your shape. One moment you're a lizard, the next an ordinary human, with completely different dialog options (and visuals of course). By expanding on our tag system, we'll let you assume different roles in the game with the same character. This will open completely different play styles. Don't want any competition? Don't want companions? Become a lone wolf with a very special mask...

$2,000,000 - Dungeon Master Mode!

Building on the work of the mod team, we'll make an in-game version of the editor that allows dungeon-masters to unleash their fantasies on budding adventurers, adjusting and controlling the dungeon while the other players are playing!

More information.

they are so tiring . come . on .
you could build a game with just 1 of those features. stop piling it all in one place and expect it to magically work.
focus on studying MBTI imo

I believe stretch goals should for the most be content not features. I love Larian, but those are some seriously dull stretch goals.

I agree that both the mod tool support and the love/hate relationships SHOULD BE implemented into the game regardless of strectch goals or more funding.

But I like the idea of shapeshifiting. Shapeshifting in RPGs isn't a thing we see everyday and I'd like to see how Larian could effectively implement this item into the game without overpowering our char!

Shapeshifting sounds interesting if it allows you alternative ways to solve a quest. As a mouse you could slip under a locked door and by a guard... but if a woman sees you she might freak out and alert others. As a canine you could sniff out the location of someone, and so on.

Shapeshifting sounds interesting if it allows you alternative ways to solve a quest. As a mouse you could slip under a locked door and by a guard… but if a woman sees you she might freak out and alert others. As a canine you could sniff out the location of someone, and so on.

Nice ideas Vindicator but I believe the game wouldn't allow us to shapeshift into animal forms, only into another playable races (lizardman, dwarf, elf, whatever).

$1,750,000 - Love/Hate!

We'll dedicate more scripters and writers to expand on the dynamic relationship system we're building. Intense rivalry! Friendship and enmity! And… as so many of you have been asking for it… romance!
I really like that they want to add friendship and rivalry besides just romance. That's what makes companions alive and is great for immersion when doing it right. :)

Romances, ha no thanks. Pretty soon they are gonna be called biowarian.

I really like that they want to add friendship and rivalry besides just romance. That's what makes companions alive and is great for immersion when doing it right. :)

I agree. Anything that boosts immersion is a plus in my book. Yes, that includes romances. :p

I'm fine with romances if they're optional and not nauseatingly politically correct.

I like all stretch goals but i am afraid that the last one (DM mode) would be really hard to implement - personally i think they shouldnt promise something that they are not 100% sure they could implement (day/night) that was disapointing last time but even then i regard larians first kickstarter as the best i have seen.

they should be done with goals and just save the extra money for rainy days like the shadowrun dudes did

I haven't got into the first one yet. Has there been much in the way of good quests and campaigns made with the editor? Has it really taken off as platform for user content, like NWN did years ago?

Are they going to allow respec? I know there were a few times in D:OS where I would have liked to use that capability.

I like the mod tools stretch goal. But, the rest? Not so much. I am disappointed that 2,000,000 is going to be dungeon master mode. I was hoping for a new land with additional quests.

I like the mod tools stretch goal. But, the rest? Not so much. I am disappointed that 2,000,000 is going to be dungeon master mode. I was hoping for a new land with additional quests.

I think people don't understand how time consuming (in other word costly) making new content can be as opposed to developing features (although dungeon master mode might be more complex than Larian is expecting it to be like night&day was).

Are they going to allow respec? I know there were a few times in D:OS where I would have liked to use that capability.

You can respec in D:OS. There's a demon you can speak to in the homestead. 7th area unlocked by the stones. Has it's drawbacks though, a lot of skill books won't be available and you need to relearn all skills.

You can respec in D:OS. There's a demon you can speak to in the homestead. 7th area unlocked by the stones. Has it's drawbacks though, a lot of skill books won't be available and you need to relearn all skills.

Well thats the problem... who talks to demons? Thats like asking for trouble.

I like all the new goals, in particular the mod support and DM mode at the end. Good stuff, Larian, as always.

Back
Top Bottom