Fallout 4 - The S in S.P.E.C.I.A.L

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Bethesda shares a video about the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system and it is about strength. I guess the series will cover about 7 videos....

Following total atomic annihilation, the rebuilding of this great nation of ours may fall to you. That’s why we at Vault-Tec have prepared this educational video series for you to better understand the seven defining attributes that make you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.!

Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility and Luck – all of these attributes will impact how you survive and thrive aboveground.

Today we’ve released the first video in the series, starting, of course, with Strength. If you would like to share this video with your fellow citizens, we’ve included a YouTube embed below. Study these materials carefully to ensure your survival and to discover what makes you S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Set to release worldwide on November 10, 2015 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, Fallout 4 is the next generation of open-world gaming where every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours.

More information.

"Fallout 4 is the next generation of open-world gaming where every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. "

The term "RPG" is conspicuously missing from this description of the game...

"Fallout 4 is the next generation of open-world gaming where every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. "

The term "RPG" is conspicuously missing from this description of the game…

But I think that's pretty much implied by the word "choice". Without choice it's not an RPG.

Strength is usually my fallout dump stat.
Intelligence, Perception, Agility :)

Amusing vid, but ultimately worthless. Ok, they tell a few things that (apparently) influenced by strength, but not how it really works.
Vid seems to be aimed more at the crowd new to Fallout.

They keep speaking of definition. Something to see as players rejet definitions in PCs.

Lately, a lot of products have sold under the tag of survival. Under players' pressure, they quickly fell in line to deliver the same experience as other products: struggle at first(slow start) then bathe in abundance.
Not so much difference between survival and non survival products.
Hard to see FO4 be different on that.

Back
Top Bottom