Elveon - Back in Business

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
You probably haven't heard of Elveon. It was based on the book of elves and due to be released in 2008 but due to complications had to be abandoned. Well now a group of the original developers has reacquired the assets and rights.

The history of the Elveon project dates back into 2003 when a small team started working on an idea of a fantasy world and game that would bring to life a new perspective - a story set in the „early days" of a fantasy world - a time when the Elves were not yet the old, declining population, guarding the ancient ways, but still a young, emerging race, struggling to take their place in a world dominated by Gods and divine powers. During 2004 to 2007, the project grew and the team expanded up to a peak size of over 70 developers and - utilizing architexts, painters and sculptors, managed to give the idea a stunning visual facade that - at its time - represented a benchmark in fantasy design and real-time graphical quality. In 2008, after a series of complications and before a serious attempt for a release could be made, the project had to be abandoned and the team has gradually dissolved. A long period of slumber resulted, with the Rights and Assets being held by different entities. The idea however, did not die with the original project...

In 2015, after several years of work and preparation, a few members of the original team have succeeded in obtaining all Rights and Assets and give the idea a new beginning.
There is a lore update on the Parthans. Be sure to check out the rest of the website if you are interested.

More information.

I did heard about Elveon, few years back. And when they announced that the project will be canceled I did not care much, because the game would be for consoles only. Actually, it was planed for PC as well, but that was canceled and soon after the whole project. It was long time ago so maybe I don't remember it correctly.
But this is great news! Hope it will be a good game.

Ooh - I do remember this one, but hadn't even thought about it in, well, 7 years :) Hopefully they manage to get somewhere this time!

There is a slovak article on Elveon up. I google translated it but it is hard to read.

My summary of that info:

- elven world, 4 elven races - Taethans, Aegans, Parthans and Merians
- whole game will be voiced in elven language (!), so subtitles will be needed
- pretty much linear game
- they plan combo+parry-based fights with swords, bows and fights on flying gryphons
- better fights than the ones in Skyrim :)
- demo shows stronghold of Taethans under siege by Parthans, bombarded by catapults
- we will see some gods and demigods named Parha, Belphoros, Eurithon (who can summon dangerous dragon elves)
- they want to work on lore and world
- now they redo assets from EU3 to UE4
- Kickstarter is planned soon

Back
Top Bottom