Stasis - Is out of Stasis

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The cowdfunded horror adventure Stasis has been released and the first reviews are praising the game:

IGN Africa:

Score: 9/10 - Amazing

The Brotherhood's debut game is as brilliant as it is profoundly disturbing.
GamerHeadlines:

Score 8/10 - Awesome

Stasis is by far one of the most atmospheric games this year; the environments are beautifully crafted showing its homage to Alien everywhere. The sound effects and placing of sounds are really top-notch, better than most AAA games with a thriller\horror theme. Stasis is a great Point-and-Click horror Adventure, one that really lives up to its name in every possible way. It is a game that I really did not want to stop playing, but had to since the horror atmosphere demanded my brain to take a break. If your drug is Horror games or Point-and-Click Adventures, or just looking for that game that surely will stay with you even after the end, Stasis is worth every cent of your money.
Destructoid:

Score 8.5/10

Charming - Not perfect, but it's easy to ignore the rough spots when faced with so many engaging design decisions and entertaining moments. A memorable game that's hard not to like and recommend to others.

More information.

erm

kinda big reviews imo.

I find it 6/10. it has a good vibe though. but there are many other adventure games with smarter puzzles and richer worlds, and better writing.
i like the creator. *Nightlong (loved that one)
PS: havent finished yet.

Wow - more good news! I had no idea this was due out yet. Great reviews, too.

I bought it and I'm not exactly overwhelmed. It looks like it's out of focus and the protagonist animations are hit and miss.

The story seems interesting, though.

Is this game overrated because its dark, sci-fi and has great title sequence? Maybe such adventure games are in demand nowadays.
It could be good game, but what I saw doesnt appeal to me that much. And that "horror" in isometric view doesnt work for me.

And that "horror" in isometric view doesnt work for me.

When it comes to horror, I've never felt any kind of significant tension from games that don't use a first or third person view.

This is something I'd play simply for the story if I was convinced it's good enough.

I found this game had a nice atmosphere but the story was very clichéd and I didn't like the writing. The pacing of the story didn't feel right. The vilain was onedimensional and boring. Everything was predictable. Had some good parts but mostly I was very deflated. Its ok for an indie game, but I wouldn't play it again.
And there was no horror for me, just lots of blood. You practicly never see the "villains" who swarmed the ship und killed most. Not very realistic.

5/10

And lets just not start with the science in the game^^ as scientist I got headaches from playing….

Last edited:
I'm in. Even if it is mediocre. Sci Fi adventure games are just about as rare as Sci Fi RPGs. And for me, a sci fi setting well done can carry me very far.

There was one sci fi adventure called Perry Rhodan. Mediocre at best game play but the story and visuals were triple A. One of these days I'm going to replay that game with a walkthrough in hand just to experience the game like a movie.

edit: D'oh. It surprised me when I clicked on the link in the OP and found not only did I forget to back this game when it was out on Kickstarter, but that it is now out.

Back
Top Bottom