Madman - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The long awaited RPG Dr. Dungeon's MADMAN! has been released:

Madman. Retro-role playing. A modern twist. Highly interactive game world. Not all is as it seems in this intriguing take on classic role-playing conventions. You, as the madman or madwoman must decide: What would you sacrifice to save an entire planet from certain doom? A dramatic role-playing experience with "just the right amount of campiness".

Vote for this game on Steam Greenlight.

Read Deuce Traveler's preview here.

Buy the game here.

More information.

Long awaited it may be, but I must confess: I never heard of it before.

I hope it succeeds!

Ah, this has a nice U6ish vibe, at least on the surface. Never heard of it though.
Any watcher that has some experience with it to share?

Hidden, once you get it loaded can you see if it auto-sizes to your resolution. I get the feeling this thing will look horrible on a 24" monitor, but would love to be wrong. The trailer had everyone looking very small and my eyes suck :(

I enjoyed the Ultizurk games.

Hidden, once you get it loaded can you see if it auto-sizes to your resolution. I get the feeling this thing will look horrible on a 24" monitor, but would love to be wrong. The trailer had everyone looking very small and my eyes suck :(

I enjoyed the Ultizurk games.

It scales to the full resolution and the dialog fonts are really big.

The demo is quite good....may actually buy this one:)

Well, it sure feels like I'm going crazy from listening to this music in the video,

Man the stuff is really tiny on the screen, but I haven't messed with any settings. There really aren't any though. The sounds and music are horrible, but the rest of the game play seems pretty good. This reminds me of the indie games from the 90's. If anyone has played Excelsior Phase One: Lysandia or the sequel, that's the vibe I got.

www.excelsior-rpg.com/ex1.htm

http://www.excelsior-rpg.com/ex2.htm

Man the stuff is really tiny on the screen, but I haven't messed with any settings. There really aren't any though. The sounds and music are horrible, but the rest of the game play seems pretty good. This reminds me of the indie games from the 90's. If anyone has played Excelsior Phase One: Lysandia or the sequel, that's the vibe I got.

www.excelsior-rpg.com/ex1.htm

http://www.excelsior-rpg.com/ex2.htm

This one, although not great in the graphics department....looks a lot better.

Oh yeah. The gameplay feels like Excelsior, but the graphics are better than one, though not much better than Excelsior 2. I just linked the Excelsior games because I think they're free and a lot of fun.

I started a ranger, in Madman, and have cleared out most of the first dungeon except for the area behind warded doors. I haven't figured out how to get past those. Anyone been past those? Do the roots work on the doors? I only had one root with me….

Anyone figure out how to get more inventory space? This is gonna get shelved if I only have 30 slots for inventory and find 75 items in a dungeon :)

I'm gonna buy it tonight though. Good effort for a single dude and he needs some money. I'd rather give it to him than Larian :D

Pretty fun little game. I bought it and have been playing this weekend. It is very, very simplistic, but still a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom