Divinity: Original Sin II - CD Projekt Red to design a character

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
For backing at the 10k level CD Projekt Red gets to design a character. According to the 10k tier this involves

Become a high-ranking Divine Magister, Black Ring Sorcerer or Ancient Empire Officer. We will work with you to develop a memorable character whose decisions, backstory, and private motivations will intertwine with - or confound - the players.
PcGamesN also picked up on some twitter cross promotion.

More information.

Maybe the GoG NPC will be a vendor trying to sell you 8-track tapes and a VCR player? Oh wait, Wasteland 2 already did that one. ;-)

Like purchasing enough stock in Divinity: Original Sin II to be able to influence corporate decisions.

Ciri will jump between dimensions and hi-five your party at the Hall of Echoes.
Tris shows up and teaches your party members a spell that will teleport their clothing away?

How about a dwarf with a beard that goes down to his boots?

So what?

That was my first thought, I mean really anyone can design an character....any author etc.

I like the witcher games and all, but at the end of the day this doesn't really do anything?

The negativity is strong with you.

So what?

That was my first thought, I mean really anyone can design an character….any author etc.

I like the witcher games and all, but at the end of the day this doesn't really do anything?

Your right it doesn't do anything but I still think it's pretty cool that CDPR backed the game.

The question is will larian help CDPR develop a memorable character or will CDPR show larian?:biggrin:

Eh...I'm hoping it's Radovid, the fire mage. Or..aha...Yennefer as a dog...that would be the irony!

The negativity is strong with you.

Really. Nope, I just think it isn't that big a deal.

Sorry. I know you are very attached to these studios though.

I guess it is a good thing they backed and I like that.

For the record I backed on the kickstarter and here so don't think I don't want or like the game.

As long as it's nothing too immersion breaking, or some sly way to advertize themselves in another game, then it's all good with me.

Yes. I am a skeptical person. :p

Good to keep in mind that it was actually GOG who pledged the $10K and not CDPR directly.
Perhaps they are just going to revive an old character and make it playable in this new game :)

Back
Top Bottom