RPGWatch Feature - Ruzar: The Life Stone interview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Couchpotato sent in another interview, this time with the developer of Ruzar: The Life Stone.

Couchpotato: Can you give a short description of your new game Ruzar - The Life Stone?

Ruzar - The Life Stone is a dungeon crawler RPG game in which you play an adventurer who needs to discover the powerful Life Stone. Do you have the skills to survive in the deadliest dungeons of the Mountain of Ruz and recover the legendary artefact?

Couchpotato: Was the game inspired by any classic dungeon crawler RPG games?

Yes, absolutely. Mostly inspired by Dungeon Master, Lands of Lore, Black Crypt and Eye of the Beholder. Legend of Grimrock has also been an inspiration, it wouldn't be fair to say that it wasn't :)

Couchpotato: How many hours of gameplay can be expected in the final game: Also if possible the number of locations and monsters you can encounter?

The first playthrough of Ruzar - The Life Stone will give you around 8 to 12 hours.
The range is wide but it really depends how you play the game (if you decide to rush through or if you try to unlock every secrets).
The game will contain 13 levels (You have 5 themes : The Mountains - The Temples (x2) - The Mines and the Caves ) and a minimum of 7 different creatures. We might add more creatures but it will depend on our capacity to produce more content.
To reach the maximum level (which is level 50), you will need to play the game in New Game +. When you start the game in NG+, you will collect stronger gear, fight stronger creature and be able to increase your stats, boost your skills and find new spells.
More information.

Thanks Couch.

I had no idea creature variety would be so slim. Anyway I enjoyed what little I've played of it yet

The creature list may be quite slim, but it's still a fun little game. No, it's probably not The Dungeon Crawler To End All Dungeon Crawlers, but it's a fun diversion. It has solid gameplay and some cool exploration so I would say it's definitely worth checking it out. You can watch a gameplay video for the game on my YouTube channel.

Thanks for the interview. I never heard about this game.
Despite very solid effort it will be hard to attact players nowadays. Competition is strong (LoG, Dungeon Kingdom, I Cant Escape, Arakion…) and look mostly better. Author of Ruzar should work on his unique features.

Back
Top Bottom