Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age - Kickstarter Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Beautifun Games will present their current Kickstarter project Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age at the Madrid Games Week:

"Megamagic" is Diablo meets PKMN meets Zelda meets C&C, with 80s vibes all over it!

Hi, our dear backers!

Today Madrid Games Week starts! One of biggest and finest Spanish events on videogames. It's mostly dedicated to AAA studios and so, but there's also room for indie studios. And there we're headed!

We woke up around 5am and took a plane to go from Barcelona to Madrid. We are pretty excited! Here you can see our booth. Do you like it?

We have a playable demo that challenges you to beat a small dungeon with its own boss. We also have a mini-tournament mode where you fight another wizard following very special rules. We have some of our beautiful prints as a prize for the brave ones who beat the demo. And we also have some cool retro props!

We love this kind of events because it's an opportunity to celebrate everything that revolves around being an indie studio. We get some sweet exposure, but also we get to see how people realy interact with Megamagic. And we get to see our dear indie friends from other parts of Spain.
More information.

That was all rather cute and endearingly cheerful; love the chip-tune/space synth theme - very smile inducing, especially the "Megamagic" voice-over. First thing I thought of in loose association was "Captain Planet" funnily enough, then came memories of the even better "Battle of the Planets"...

Behind the nostalgic appeal and references, it'll be interesting to see to see how well it translates into their RTS meets RPG derived game-play. I've got a friend who I'm going to link this to (who I think will love the music alone...) thanks for the information!

Back
Top Bottom