Original Sin EE - Release Date Set

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Eurogamer has news that the release date for Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition has been set to the 27th of October.

Larian Studios has told Eurogamer the Enhanced Edition of Divinity: Original Sin, AKA the console version, will be released 27th October 2015. The date had been vaguely "October" before now. The Enhanced Edition is coming to PS4 and Xbox One as well as PC, where it will be free to owners of the original game.
Thanks Eye.

More information.

I'll be interested to see how the action-oriented console crowd takes to a turn-based RPG like this. Ditto for Wasteland 2.

What are all these numbers? It's so confusing.
Wait… I did something and it had impact on the game? holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

I actually like to see an RPG with less numbers these days. It just reinforces maximin leveling, and because I can't resist that I rather have them hide it.

Even make the leveling a more fuzzy process and not deterministic. Let us (me) focus on roleplaying the character and on the atmosphere.

What are all these numbers? It's so confusing.
Wait… I did something and it had impact on the game?

We here at MegaCorp apologize for any confusion or pain that numbers and/or thinking may have caused you. Once negotiations with Larian are complete and we purchase the IP rights, future DoS3,4 and X will be altered.
Some of the alterations planned are guaranteed to increase your enjoyment and remove any confusion. By removing all numbers and words in future versions we hope you can be more engaged with the amazing gameplay and less with pesky thinking.

Inventory will be removed and all quest items will simply spawn beside the objectives. Locked chest? No problem. The key simply shows up when needed.
Forgot to pick up the idol from level 3 of dungeon crawl to progress the story? No problem! Our new AI npcs will pretend you did!

In fact, some people have complained that there are too many areas leading to a sense of bewilderment where to go next. Future versions will only have one map to avoid getting lost or complaints about travel times.

Complete integration of YouFaceTwit means you can share your adventures with everyone you've ever contacted. We also understand that setting up these accouts can be complicated but worry not! We've scanned your hard drive, phone, and called your mom for all people you've ever talked to and will automatically update them without the need of pesky privacy settings.
While we were scanning your harddrives in an effort to enrich your experience, we've taken the liberty of removing a couple of competing products and reducing your overall CPU and GPU capacity. If we did it right, you won't even notice and hopefully you don't even know what they stand for.

Here at MegaCorp we are committed to excellence. Please look forward to our future products.

I'm so happy that we have the trustworthy MegaCorp looking after our intrests and well being. We players must all remember that player choise is oppression and unite under MegaCorp's flag. MegaCorp is really building the better future for us gamers.

In fact, some people have complained that there are too many areas leading to a sense of bewilderment where to go next. Future versions will only have one map to avoid getting lost or complaints about travel times.

Yeah, and somebody needs to do something about all those quest markers. They always seem to lead into obstacles, and then people have no clue how to proceed. We should insist on having blinky arrows pointing out the right path, or better yet just take us straight there without running into all those messy and confusing things along the way.

Hey, and when are we going to get self-driving horses already?

Yeah, and somebody needs to do something about all those quest markers. They always seem to lead into obstacles, and then people have no clue how to proceed. We should insist on having blinky arrows pointing out the right path, or better yet just take us straight there without running into all those messy and confusing things along the way.

Hey, and when are we going to get self-driving horses already?

I have some games to sale you...

I'll be interested to see how the action-oriented console crowd takes to a turn-based RPG like this. Ditto for Wasteland 2.

What about the RPG-oriented console crowd?

Oh, I forget - console gamers are all 12-year old edgy whiner teenagers ;)

Great responses. Had fun reading :)

Back
Top Bottom