Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone Review @ IGN

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN reviewed the Witcher 3 expansion Hearts of Stone:

A lengthy adventure that bares the heart of the wolf.
The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone introduces its intriguing antagonist Olgierd von Everec by having him insightfully critique a stone sculpture of a famous artist, only to tip it over and watch it shatter to pieces. It’s a great introduction to a great character, but it also serves as a thematic jumping-off point for this excellent DLC chapter. Hearts of Stone is about taking the stoic, stone-like wall Geralt has always presented to his compatriots and to us, and bringing it crumbling down. The result is a Geralt quite unlike the one we’re used to, and one of the warmest, most human story threads in all of the Witcher 3. […]

The Verdict
The story in Hearts of Stone alone would make it worth getting, but it succeeds on other levels as well. The fun new enemies and bosses, along with the customization potential of Runewords make Hearts of Stone a very well-rounded package that shouldn’t be skipped.

Score: Amazing
The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone wraps an interesting story and great gameplay additions into one well-rounded expansion.

+ Great characters
+ New side of Geralt
+ Runewords
+ Enjoyable fights

– Few new assets
More information.

two more days...

I'm looking forward to diving back into TW3, especially since I can run it with max settings now at 60fps. :)

You SLIed two 980s in the rig? O_O

So would it be fun or too easy playing using my endgame Geralt?

The expansion is meant for a 30lvl+ Geralt (or level 60 if it's a NG+).

I have finished TW3 three months ago so I'm just about ready to try NG+ and HoS. Might have to wait for a patch to patch 1.10 though. From what I read most complains about 1.10 are connected with NG+.

Nah.. I just have one very fast 980 Ti. :)

I'm not a big believer in SLI or CrossFire.

It depends on the game, some games run significantly faster, some show little improvement, and my experience with ESO is that it actually runs slower using SLI.

Pibbur who has a 1 million bit SLIish connection between his two brain halves.

Most games benefit from SLI these days, but the thing is more about whether it's worth the price.

To me, there's no clear cut answer to that one. It all depends on what's available when I'm looking to upgrade.

Approximately 8 hours - which would make it the 13th in some countries, including mine.

Back
Top Bottom