BattleTech - Kickstarter Update #10

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The BattleTech Kickstarter is going well - the expanded Mercenary Campaign has been unlocked:

Another Victory for the Global Battletech Community - Stage 3 Expanded Mercenary Campaign Unlocked!

Once again MechWarriors, Harebrained Schemes High Command salutes you!

Today marks the next stage of our campaign to deliver an authentic turn-based BattleTech experience to the PC - the unlocking of our Stage 3 Extended Mercenary Campaign.

The STAGE 3 EXPANDED MERCENARY CAMPAIGN puts you in full control of your life as a mercenary.

• The single-player story campaign is now open-ended - charter JumpShip transport for your mercenary outfit to travel to various hot-zones across the Periphery and Inner Sphere, and continue your career even after the game's main story arc is resolved.
  • You’ll be able to choose your contracts and alliances, with both the 5 Great Houses and other sub-factions within the Inner Sphere.
  • A procedural contract-generation system will ensure that you always have fresh contracts available, wherever your Mercenary career may take you.
  • The missions you choose to accept and the objectives competed in those missions will determine your reputation as a mercenary, affecting the contracts and contract terms you may be offered in the future.
Funding Goals Update

Now, MechWarriors, it’s ONWARD towards our next major objective: STAGE 4 - PVP Multiplayer!

HBS Command has identified two high-value targets on our march to STAGE 4.

• $2,000,000 - Customizable Home Base: As part of the ongoing campaign, you'll acquire a home base (likely in the form of a derelict DropShip) for your mercenary outfit to call home. At this funding level we'll also allow you to adjust its appearance, repair and upgrade its functionality, and grow and evolve your base as your outfit grows and evolves.
  • $2,150,000 - Legendary 'Mech & MechWarriors: In addition to the game's standard 'Mechs and customizable, procedurally-generated MechWarriors, we'll include rare legendary 'Mechs to find, and rare hero MechWarriors to hire - including some famous characters from BattleTech history. Such legends may not stick around for long, but will be well worth hiring if you can afford them.
Again, congratulations on this great victory. The Global BattleTech Community has once again come together to change the course of BattleTech history! We thank you.
More information.

I have eagerly been waiting for stage 3. Now this is going to be glorious. Home bases are always nice. I hope you won't be able to buy all upgrades in 15 mins. Finding mechs from the olden times sounds great. I don't care too much about Victor, Kai or any other "heroes" joining my outlet temporarily since I like to develop my Mech Warriors myself. If they side with you during special missions I'm fine with it.

So they must be getting some funding through PayPal then, 'cause the KS funding is at $1.826 million < $1.85 million.

So they must be getting some funding through PayPal then, 'cause the KS funding is at $1.826 million < $1.85 million.

Yeah if you scroll down a bit on the kickstarter front page it shows how much they have via PayPal.

I knew they would never have the guts to show the combat gameplay, because it will piss off a lot of people when they do (but by then they'll have their money).

These updates are all pure fluff. They don't even have anything ready. They only talk about the awesum tangential features they want to include.

Back
Top Bottom