Life is Strange - Final Episode launches tomorrow

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The final episode of the highly acclaimed adventure Life is Strange will be released on October 20:

Life is Strange Episode 5 - Aiming for October 20 release

Hi, It's Luc from Dontnod Entertainment here,

We’ve seen that a lot of you can’t wait to play the Life is Strange finale and are eagerly awaiting a release date. The episode is getting closer to submission and we have almost completed development.

We don’t normally announce a date until we know the game is 100% ready but in the spirit of Max’s birthday (today) we wanted to let you know early that we are aiming to release Episode 5 ‘Polarized’ October 20.

Many things can change in the lead up to release but the team are working really hard to try and hit this date. We know the wait may be a bit longer than some of you were hoping for but we want to ensure Episode 5 is the best it can be.

Your tweets, comments and messages have kept us going through this busy stage of development and we can’t thank you enough for your continued support.

We are super excited for you to play the finale and we hope you enjoy the ride! We couldn’t have foreseen the great reaction Life is Strange has had so far, the community is fantastic and we love seeing/reading your reactions to each episode.

Share your thoughts, photos or anticipation for Episode 5 using #LISFinale

Follow our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr pages for further news nearer release.

Thank you

-Luc

Life is Strange Producer – Dontnod Entertainment
More information.

I can recommend Hidden's X recommendation.:p
But seriously, Dontnod brought a bit of fresh air to this industry...I hope these guys grab a few GOTY awards among all the big titles this year.

Cupcakes:

85EZh9t.jpg

That's great !

I played ep4 just before this weekend, I had been holding off playing it in anticipation of playing the last 2 eps without a significant gap in between. This is a really superbly athmospheric adventure game and one of the most enjoyable titles I've played in recent years.

My biggest gripe with Telltales "TWD & TWAU", is that they felt more like movies than actual adventure-games with a bare minimum of challenge. LIS feels like a more reasonable compromise between the classical adventure filled with puzzles to solve and inventory items to use/combine and the Telltale style "modern adventure" that only has a tiny bit of worthwhile interaction.

Sure, I certainly wouldn't have objected to a bit more of the "classical style" in LIS, but the story, the characters, the environments, the voice-acting and graphics are all so great that I still feel perfectly satisfied with the level of interaction that Dontnod provides us.

So the game will be complete? Might give it a go then, as I prefer to experience episodic content in one go (not only games). I had started playing Dreamfall Chapters but decided to wait until it's 'finished', too.

So the game will be complete? Might give it a go then, as I prefer to experience episodic content in one go (not only games). I had started playing Dreamfall Chapters but decided to wait until it's 'finished', too.

Yes, ep5 is supposed to be the final chapter. I too prefer episodic content as a single whole, but in the case of LIS I made the mistake of starting to play it "early" (can't recall the reason why that happened).

I'm also awaiting the final chapters of "Dreamfall" before I install it, I assume that they too are aiming for 5 episodes, since that seems to have become (more or less) the standard number?

I'm also awaiting the final chapters of "Dreamfall" before I install it, I assume that they too are aiming for 5 episodes, since that seems to have become (more or less) the standard number?
Yes, 5 books. Book 3 came out in June.

cool stuff. much better than GOT and walking dead functionality and design wise

but the writing is worse unfortunately. Ill probably play it or watch it on youtube :p

From Wiki:

Not interested LOL

Me neither, it looks preachy and pretentious. I'm not interested in learning the (moralistic) meaning of life by playing as some brat.

It looks like The Longest Journey except with worse writing and extremely dumbed down gameplay. Not sure why the media is raving about this. But then again these are the same people who think Gone Home is a masterpiece.

Probably because not only does it spare them the effort of having to play the game (since there is no gameplay), but also because it spares them the effort of having to try to understand the plot, since a heavy handed narrative is imposed to them and impossible to miss. Reviewers like these dumbed down non-games because it spares them from having to do any efforts or have any form of independent thought.

Last edited:
True, true...it's bad enough dealing with preachy, pretentious people pushing their morality onto others in real life, to deal with the same in a video game.

Playing now... but must sleep soon...! Just a bit more... ;)

Back
Top Bottom