Original Sin EE - Countdown

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Just a few days until the release of Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. In an idential update on both the Original Sin and Original Sin 2 Kickstarter pages we learn about the differences between the original and Enhanced Edition:

Their thunderclap campaign:

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition is arriving in just 6 days, and we're trying to spread the news.

For maximum effect, we've started a Thunderclap Campaign: It's a bit like Kickstarter for social media. We need 200 people to join us and share their voices about the Enhanced Edition. If we get over 200 volunteers then, on October 27th, Thunderclap will blast out timed Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr posts from all of our volunteers, creating one unified tsunami of social media noise.

Help us out and please add your voice to our Thunderclap campaign here! The more people we get playing Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition, the better and richer our community will be!
How you can get the Enhanced Edition:

If you have Divinity: Original Sin already, then an extra entry (Divinity: Original Sin- Enhanced Edition) will appear in your Steam or GOG libraries. The Enhanced Edition will be listed in addition to the original game, so you can play both. Everyone who bought Divinity: Original Sin on Steam or GOG (and anyone who got a Steam/GOG key from a retail box or Humble Bundle) will get the Enhanced Edition for free.

If you want to get Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition on console, you can pre-order for PS4 and Xbox One here.
The languages that are supported:

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition supports all the languages of the original version: English, French, Italian, German, Russian, and Polish. And we’ve added Spanish support too! In addition, we’d like to thank our community in the Czech Republic for localising the game into Czech for the PC version - díky
And that Linux and Mac versions are coming at some point in time:

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition will be out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on October 27. Mac and Linux will be right on their tail, arriving at the beginning of December as we finalise the ports. We know it's been quite a wait, but it'll be worth it!
More information.

Groan, another massive download. I'll probably wait for a couple of patches to appear.

I'm not sure how I feel about those huge interface screens (like in that dialog). Or is that just because he's playing on a PS4?
Will the PC UI remain the same?

This will be playable by summer, I'm guessing. So, by the time 2018 roll around I'll be ready for another run-through, and this will be waiting for me.

I'm not sure how I feel about those huge interface screens (like in that dialog). Or is that just because he's playing on a PS4?
Will the PC UI remain the same?

That's the controller/gamepad UI. The keyboard/mouse UI stayed the same from what I read online.

Looking forward to some of the new UI features that make carrying out tasks less cumbersome. Really love this company and if I were a younger man I'd be busily working on a work visa for Belgium right about now...

Groan, another massive download. I'll probably wait for a couple of patches to appear.
Isn't this actually the big patch you've been waiting for all this time? ;)

And: Swen cracks me up every time.

Isn't this actually the big patch you've been waiting for all this time? ;)

And: Swen cracks me up every time.

I think he's snorting caffeine. That guy is always so wired and full of energy.

If you have Divinity: Original Sin already, then an extra entry (Divinity: Original Sin- Enhanced Edition) will appear in your Steam or GOG libraries. The Enhanced Edition will be listed in addition to the original game, so you can play both

Why not just update the existing game? Would there be any reason to play the original version after the EE is released?

Why not just update the existing game? Would there be any reason to play the original version after the EE is released?

Makes sense if people are still part way through the game. It disappearing for some players while they were halfway through would be catastrophic.

I believe this only applies to those who already have it, and it won't be available to new purchases.

Ah ok. For some reason I was assuming the saved games were transferable.

You know, I can't say for sure. But I know a lot of the content is changed.

EDIT:

no, not transferable:

"Larian note that this isn't an update, as such, but will instead be released as a separate game. When it's given to existing Original Sin owners, it will appear as a new entry in their Steam library. This also means that save games won't be transferable."

You know, I can't say for sure. But I know a lot of the content is changed.

I can confirm the saves aren't compatible. I'm not sure why I thought they were.

This means that saved games can't be transferred from Divinity: Original Sin to the Enhanced Edition. This is largely because of the technical changes we've made to how the game looks and feels, but the story has also been rewritten so heavily that most saved games would no longer be compatible with the plot. (After all, it wouldn't make sense to load a game in which you're halfway through a quest line that's been replaced with something different.)

*Edit* Posted that before I saw your edit. :)

Wasn't there also the issue that it now requires a 64-bit OS or am I confusing that with some other game (like the Risen 3 EE)?

Wasn't there also the issue that it now requires a 64-bit OS or am I confusing that with some other game (like the Risen 3 EE)?

It does indeed.

From the very first day of production, we designed the Enhanced Edition to be optimized for DirectX 11 graphics. For our Windows players, this means that Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition will require a 64-bit system and a graphics card with DirectX 11 hardware support. However, both editions of the game will remain available to everyone on Steam, so Windows players with 32-bit systems and DirectX 9 will always be able to play Divinity: Original Sin.

Great, the best game of last year gets even better... a good way to wait for D:OS 2...

So did Swen found any of those women he's been looking for?
Eh, I can see where all that chirpiness in Larian games is coming from. :p

From the start I always wanted to play this with gamepad, I actually quit playing it because of that. So this is fantastic news. The local co-op is also a great bonus. And all for free! Kudos.

To quote myself from last year:
Lucky me they didnt add gamepad support othervice I would have bought this game right now.

(bought it anyways, and regretted a bit but not anymore)

Back
Top Bottom