XCOM 2 - Preview and Interview @ Explorminate

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In quite a lengthy article Explorminate give their view on XCOM2 and also did an interview with XCOM 2 lead producer, Garth DeAngelis.

As far as I can tell, XCOM 2 doesn’t happen on an alternate Earth or in some other reality. It happens in the same world where XCOM: EU/EW occurred. Only, instead of winning the game, it appears that the XCOM group failed to repel the invasion and takeover that shortly followed. Maybe during the base invasion they were defeated or even later on when the reinforcements (I think) arrived. Either way, the XCOM organization lost and the Earth governments surrendered. In the 20 years following the alien takeover, these intergalactic critters have reforged and improved human society. Or so they led the general populace to believe. The human insurgency is what the sequel is all about. We’re finally taking back our world. HELL YEAH!

Let’s begin with the inclusion of procedural map generation. No more of the same gas station or pizza joint appearing in Mexico, Japan, and Africa. This isn’t the Matrix after all. With these new maps, we’ll get new tundra, arid and temperate biomes. We will get to see rainfall and snowfall particle effects, but I’m not sure if weather will actually impact the gameplay. It would be great if they did, though.
Thanks Eye.

More information.

I am eagerly anticipating this one. I am glad they delayed it, I am sick of games rushed out of the door....

Nice article. The repeating levels, static enemies and that free, first turn they got were probably the biggest issues in XCOM:EU, so I am glad they're tackling all of that.

Psyched. :)

Back
Top Bottom