Wasteland 2 - Director’s Cut Patch 1 Released on PC

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The first patch for the Wasteland 2 Director’s Cut is out:

Director’s Cut Patch 1 Released on PC

Today we are happy to release the first major update for Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut on PC. This update is available on Steam right now, and will be rolling out to other stores such as GOG.com in the next day or two. This release brings a number of bug fixes, balance improvements and a new feature in the form of official Steam Controller support (Steam only).

The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of this update have been sent to Microsoft and Sony, and are currently going through the certification and approvals processes on both platforms. We will be releasing on both consoles as soon as we are able.

Highlights

• Fixed companions not spawning correctly at HQ after dismissing them.
  • Fixed disappearing Perks on companions after dismissing them.
  • Fixed inability to open doors in Ranger Citadel and Ag Center Central Complex after using Examine while playing with a controller.
  • Added Steam Controller support! Select Steam Controller from the Options menu to use it (Steam version only).
  • Export option has been re-added to Character Creation. Look for it on the final step for that specific character you want to export (Select Quirk).
  • Perk and Quirk balance updates and improvements.
Known Issues

• Some users may notice a memory leak while playing for longer periods of time. This is a known Unity engine bug and will be addressed in a hotfix in the near future.
  • Steam Controller support may not function correctly on some Windows 8, Mac or Linux systems. We are currently investigating this.
[...]
More information.

Memory leak is a real pain for me. Happens every time I play

Finally! I stopped playing weeks ago, when the dissappearing NPC's were spotted. I'm slightly annoyed they didn't provide a hotfix for this, but oh well.

I stopped at the AG center since I figured some patches were going to come out.

Exactly, my plan is F4 then finally WL2.

Yes, because Fallout 4 will be more bug-free than Wasteland 2 ~eyeroll~
Besides, even brand new, Wasteland 2 was cheaper. Logic (and
taste, as an actual RPG fan) dictates starting w/ W2 then moving
Fallout when its more stable and buying the GOTY edition w all the
DLC and "Retail Mods" (whatever they'll call the mods they will charge
cash for)

Fallout 4 is bound to a) never have all of its kinks hammered out and b) be a bumpy ride on a colourful FPS rollercoaster. WL2, OTOH, with its more refined combat and party building, deserves to be played in its most tweaked state. So, I would recommend FO4, then WL2. Or just skip Fallout.

I never ran into a single bug in F3 or FNV. Besides I prefer a single character first person view game to a multicharacter isometric view game. Your tastes may differ. The cost issue is irrelevant to me.

Waiting for the "Wasteland 2 - Director’s Cut" - E.E." - Game of the year Edition. In 2 years, it will be probabely playable and bug free.

So... After playing about 40 hours when this first game out and feeling fairly underwhelmed, I've since gone back and have been playing the Director's Cut.

I'm having a lot more fun with it. Vastly improved.

I rarely if ever play a game on release day these days, preferring to wait for at least ten or more patches. However, if memory serves, I had no game-crashing issues with Fallout three, so I will be playing this one immediately. If it is a mess, I have backups ready to go =).

Wasteland two the newer edition will just simmer for a bit and get even spicier!

Back
Top Bottom