Blood and Gold - Release Date: December 10

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The open world RPG Caribbean! gets a successor: Blood & Gold: Caribbean!

Hi everyone,

Today we’re happy to introduce “Blood & Gold: Caribbean!” — a reborn project with a more fitting title, filled with lots of community’s most wanted features. It’s coming to Steam and GOG on December 10th, free for all current owners of “Caribbean!”.

The current game will still be available for download, as its savegames won’t be compatible with B&G, so you can always continue your journey there if you like.

Features:
  • Addition of the native Caribbean troops.
  • Playable female character.
  • Ability to take a walk in town.
  • All new 3D global map.
  • Multiplayer mode.
  • Blackjack minigame.
  • Quests from governors.
  • Special missions, including assassination contracts, some of which require stealth approach.
  • New special locations: plantations, mines, monasteries, ruins of Aztec empire.
  • Management of the player’s trading caravans.
  • Hub for managing player’s business and property in a much more convenient way.
  • Completely reworked land battle locations.
  • Updated fleet management — ships will have to be kept at bay when you proceed to travel on land.
  • Destructible fortifications during sieges.
  • New prison escape system.
More information.

From what I understood it's not a "successor" (as in a sequel) but more like a revamp/enhanced edition under a new name. They must be taking their inspiration from Raven's Cry.

The must indeed :). Their first release was very bugged and from what I hear they have gotten pretty poor reviews. A shame really as I'm in need for a open world piratey game.

Back
Top Bottom