Skyshine's BEDLAM - Reviews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here are two reviews for Skyshine's Bedlam that were found by Eye.

Gamespot has a not too positive review.

Skyshine’s Bedlam has some good moments, but the story is devoid interesting or layered tales. The experience is largely defined by chasing simple goals while enduring repetitive dialogue and narrative beats along the way. Combat feels good enough, but there's not much to it, and little to strive for. Not being able to make meaningful, permanent progress is ultimately Skyshine's Bedlam's biggest flaw, and when something so crucial is missing, it’s hard to recommend. There is some fun to be had, but Skyshine's Bedlam ultimately mirrors the reality it depicts. You can survive hardships, but only if you struggle through them.
Gaming Memoirs is more positive.

To sum it up, I quite enjoyed Skyshine’s Bedlam and its chess-like restrictions. It has an amazing art-style, and the lore is fantastic if you take time to delve into it. It can get real infuriating real fast, so take a second and unwind.
More information.

That little snippet from Gamespot is exactly my opinion of the game. I actually liked the initial release better than the update, probably because I was still wowed by the excellent art and design. There's really nothing under the icing though.

not surprised, their in-your-face marketing nonsense was a huge turn off for me personally. It was not really advertised as a FTL clone either. thats a shame.

It was not really advertised as a FTL clone either. thats a shame.
It's funny you say that because *every single review* of the game complains that it's not like FTL, which for some reason the reviewer expected. It isn't really much like FTL, at least not in the details, and as you said no one ever said it was.

Back
Top Bottom