Dragon Fin Soup - Reviews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Eye found some reviews for the recently released Dragon Fin Soup.

The Escapist:

All in all, bugs, dodgy controls and an overreliance on side missions detract from an otherwise great game that features addictive combat mechanics and gorgeous visuals. If you have a time to spare and patience to make it through the grind, Dragon Fin Soup will offer experienced roguelike fans a rewarding experience. If you decide to buy the game, though, it might be worth waiting for all the bugs to get patched out.
Indie Game Magazine:

Dragon Fin Soup carries a significant amount of replay value, which comes from the challenging monsters players will face, as well as the randomly-generated dungeons, levels, and even missions. Each playthrough feels different, and requires players to explore a new level each time, sometimes dealing with a whole new host of monsters. Though the game can move quite quickly and smoothly, there is no doubt that it is primarily a strategy game. Players that rush through this game without carefully looking over their surroundings or checking for enemies may find themselves quickly and easily ambushed long before they can react effectively. For those playing with perma-death, this can start to feel a little frustrating, especially since players will need to replay the prologue and introductory mission each time they restart their game.
The Outer Haven, 5/10

Though Dragon Fin Soup had a promising concept, the implementation can be rather shallow at times. Deaths often feel undeserved and the combat feels rigid and heartless more often than not. The game has a great deal of potential in theory, but at the moment, this soup is under-cooked.
And there is already a patch out, with a whole range of fixes.

More information.

Does the patch fix a lot of the major gripes?

I kinda really want to try this game. :(

Does the patch fix a lot of the major gripes?

I kinda really want to try this game. :(

No that's the patch from 2 weeks ago. The next patch is supposed to address the control and UI issues I think I read that.

Ah ha. I'll be keeping an eye out for that, then...

Back
Top Bottom