Cyberpunk 2077 - Release at the End of 2016

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted this rumor:

Gamereactor Germany has been told, that Cyberpunk 2077 (PC version) will be released at the end of 2016. A source is close to CD Project Red has assured that:

CD Projekt Red will Cyberpunk 2077 nun Ende 2016 veröffentlichen. Das hat eine dem Unternehmen nahe stehende Quelle Gamereactor Deutschland bestätigt. Offiziell gibt es weiterhin nur eine PC-Version, wobei es mehr als wahrscheinlich ist, dass der Titel auch für PS4 und Xbox One erscheint. Es könnte allerdings sein, dass sich einer der beiden Konsolen-Publisher das Spiel als Exklusivtitel schnappt.

[...]

More information.

There's almost no way this is happening. EOY 2016 might well be an aspirational release date for CDPR internally, but I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't get pushed to at least Q1 2017.

I'd love to see this coming out in 2016, the sooner the better and all that, but i dont see it happening. I just don't think that they'll be able to complete it as soon as September/October of 2016 so it can come out in 2016.

Back in May, CDProjekt studio executive (Adam Kicinski) said they won't start to talk about Cyberpunk 2077 before 2017.

I doubt that changed...

I personally think the game will be released in 2017. They can even make videos promoting the game, changing the first '7' (in 2077) into '1', making it 2017. I know I would do this... :)

If this game was that close the hype machine would be in over drive already.

Why do they even bother throwing out any sort of dates. Queue the inevitable title XXXX is delayed and long list of justifications. Yeah, no sh1t Sherlock. PR machine monkey's wasting bandwidth writing this crap.

Why do they even bother throwing out any sort of dates. Queue the inevitable title XXXX is delayed and long list of justifications. Yeah, no sh1t Sherlock. PR machine monkey's wasting bandwidth writing this crap.

This is a rumor from a German gaming website...

Why do they even bother throwing out any sort of dates. Queue the inevitable title XXXX is delayed and long list of justifications. Yeah, no sh1t Sherlock. Rumor mongering PR machine monkey's wasting bandwidth writing this crap.

There fixed it for you.

I don't believe a word of it. Clickbait based on a wisp of a rumor.

Perhaps they want to compete with Mass Effect: Andromeda?

They could because of the delays with TW3 not being released closer to DA:I. Though I don't see them needing too as they are far better company with nothing to prove.

I still think if it was this close we would be flooded with information about the game and footage. If the witcher 3 has thought us anything about CDR, they go all in with Promotion.

I would much prefer to see that game in 2017, even in Q4, as I have too many good games to play - including Witcher 3 and finishing Witcher 2, and KS Golden Games (PoE, W2, and my recent favorite D: OS EE...) and a few more games...

Perhaps they want to compete with Mass Effect: Andromeda?
I seriously doubt they care much for ME4.
For all I know, Cyberpunk game is not supposed to have multiplayer garbage with gambling boxes included.

Not that the competition is lacking…
Fallout4 started the clash of sci fi titans.
Next we'll see Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, then we'll get XCom2 and Technomancer. ME4 comes after that, sure, but don't forget at the same time Pluto13 plans to release Elex.

My honest opinion regardless of this rumor is that CDpr will wait at least a month or two after Elex which would place it sometime in 2017.

I just hope we won't get tired of sci fi.
I mean... I can't forece myself to watch any movie with zombies or vampires any more. Hopefully, when Cyberpunk arrives, I won't refuse to play it just because "been there, done that".

Last edited:
Whahaahha really.... Totally forgot about this dead carcass

Not a chance...Witcher was announced way too early. We'll see this, at best, somewhere in the mid of 2017.
How exactly do these "rumors" start anyway?...I'm sure, whatever the reason, Bethesda had something to do with it. :p

Well, no offense JDR, but you don't have the same intuitive abilities that I have. ;)

I seriously doubt they care much for ME4.
For all I know, Cyberpunk game is not supposed to have multiplayer garbage with gambling boxes included.

Not that the competition is lacking…
Fallout4 started the clash of sci fi titans.
Next we'll see Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, then we'll get XCom2 and Technomancer. ME4 comes after that, sure, but don't forget at the same time Pluto13 plans to release Elex.

My honest opinion regardless of this rumor is that CDpr will wait at least a month or two after Elex which would place it sometime in 2017.

I just hope we won't get tired of sci fi.
I mean… I can't forece myself to watch any movie with zombies or vampires any more. Hopefully, when Cyberpunk arrives, I won't refuse to play it just because "been there, done that".
For me Deus Ex covers my craving for cyberpunk enough. Unless Deus Ex sucks I don't know if I will care about this game much. Hopefully it is more gameplay and less cinematics like TW2 and TW3.

Back
Top Bottom