Banner Saga 2 - Coming in 2016

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We missed this bit, but about a month ago the news was out that The Banner Saga 2 will not be released this year. It will be a 2016 Q1 release according to the article on Eurogamer.

The Banner Saga 1 came out on PC at the beginning of 2014, and was released on mobile towards the end of the year. We rather liked it. A port to PS4 was announced for 2015 but the wires have since gone cold, and publisher Versus Evil wouldn't directly clarify what was going on. A spokesperson told me he thought Banner Saga 2 would be the next release from developer Stoic, which suggests The Banner Saga 1 won't happen on PS4 before Q1 2016 - if it happens at all.
And

"We are currently wrapping up development for the first game now. The delays in the console is mainly game development fun, but also the team has spent time working on console specific controls to make it perform as a console game, more than just a port.

"Banner Saga 2's development is progressing nicely. Customers who have attended Gamescom and PAX have seen its progress. We will update everyone on its launch date when the timing is right."
Thanks Eye.

More information.

I liked the Banner Saga 1, but I really disliked the lack of enemy types. It was like playing the same game over and over again.

This was made ok by the short time it took to finish the game, but I hope they have improved this point.

Also, I'd like to have the CYOA type things to have a more meaningful impact on the storyline. It seemed to not affect anything except for having one character more or less basically.

Finally, the thing that bothered me most is how I had trained some units more than others and then for the final battles they just disappeared with no forewarning at all.

I am likely to get this at around 30-40% off unless the reviews show they have addressed the above.

on the fence about this one, the first game had wild difficulty swings and the above mentioned lack of enemy diversity.

Back
Top Bottom