Celestial Tear - Review @ Cliqist

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Cliqist has reviewed the episodic J-RPG Celestial Tear: Demon's Revenge:
Turn based RPGs are a favorite pastime of mine, ever since I first played a Final Fantasy game. And RPG Maker has proven to be a great programming tool for those wanting to develop games inspired by the greats. Which is one reason why I was very much interested in seeing how the first episode of Celestial Tear: Demon’s Revenge played out. It does have its flaws, particularly in regards to length and certain frustrating encounters, but overall it shows promise in the remaining two chapters.

[…]

Despite my frustrations I did still enjoy what has been released of Celestial Tear: Demon’s Revenge so far. The plot has intrigued me to the point that I am interested to see where they take the narrative in the next installments. The idea of one group of people branding another as evil just for being “different” resonates in me and I’d love to see Sen and Jagen meet each other, to see their reactions, and maybe form a bond despite them being an “enemy” to each other. If there’s one thing that I really hated about my experience is that I couldn’t watch the cutscenes. It could be my system but they ran so choppily that I couldn’t understand what was going on. At least the rest of the game played smoothly enough to enjoy my playthrough.
More information.

Back
Top Bottom