The Quest - Steam Greenlight Campaign @ Indie Retro News

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The oldschool dungeon crawler The Quest started a Steam Greenlight campaign:
For many years now going way back to 2009, I've always been hoping that Redshift Games would bring their incredible dungeon crawler of ' The Quest ' away from the iPhone and towards the PC. Well, after some months of keeping an eye on their Facebook page, the same developers have finally announced the Steam Greenlight campaign for their hi-res overhaul with brand new high resolution graphics of the original dungeon crawling classic ' The Quest '.

If this game stays as true to it's original grid based movement and combat gameplay as possible, while overhauling pretty much everything else for PC players, you are in for a serious treat with this dungeon crawler. It may not have the graphics of more modern games such as Legend of Grimrock or Dungeon Kingdom, but ' The Quest ' is a highly regarded dungeon crawler that even I found difficult to put down. […]
Greenlight page:

The Quest is a beautifully hand-drawn open world role playing game with old school grid-based movement and turn based combat.
More information.

I played this on my Ipad...was the first rpg I played for the system. Definitely has that old school dungeon crawl. I liked it.

Nice, interested. For those that played it, what were it'd good points?

I don't care if it looks like it's from the 80's or 90's, if it has a good story and is fun to play, I'll be playing it. Kinda looks similar to M&M to me, and that is a big plus in my book.

Not the best story in the world....but it has a lot of dungeons and huge areas....and you can make just about any character you want.
I don't remember a lot more about it at the moment.

Mouthwatering vintage game...
I agree about graphics.
Good graphics is not about "how real it seems", is about beauty and functionality. I think that old HoMM and M&M were good examples of this.

I can't take ridiculous art graphics and the older I get the more I can't take Pixellated intentional graphics.

This one is insta buy for me. It has neither.

Played it a little bit on my phone, and enjoyed it. Never got back to it, because it seemed the platform didn't do it justice. Nice to see it will on PC. :)

What's wrong with that sentence? Or is this sarcasm?

They spelled beautifully wrong....interesting that it was picked up from a person from Quebec however.

Big deal...I didn't notice that many typos(what this could have been). They are from hungary, just a couple of guys.

They spelled beautifully wrong….interesting that it was picked up from a person from Quebec however.

Big deal…I didn't notice that many typos(what this could have been). They are from hungary, just a couple of guys.

Oh. I missed that in Humanity's post. I guess I was looking at the news post where it's apparently already been corrected.

"is a highly regarded* dungeon crawler"

*retarded

They're not Native English speakers and it shows...

Looks like a Might&Magic Daggerfall. And nothing about the video made me think, 'Oh, a port.' Definitely intrigued.

I have really enjoyed this game ... wow, 6 years now. I keep it installed on any new iPhone I get, and play on occasion. Not sure I'll grab it for PC, but it is a fun game.

Back
Top Bottom