Seven Dragon Saga - First Screens and UI

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
At TSI they have been working on Seven Dragon Saga look and feel. As such they have some prototype ui elements and a look at a town environment complete with 3d camera.

town-image-1080x675.jpg

We've been chattering about the re-release of some of our old SSI games, so we thought we'd show you some current images of Seven Dragon Saga, the new one we've been grinding on. As you can see above, the environments have significantly improved. The player can rotate and zoom the camera, so they can get a good feel of the world, spot NPCs, and enemies, and plan their missions. We use real time lighting, so the shadows are dynamic, and we can shift from day to night without issue.

Along the bottom of the screen is our main user interface, sans final icons. Each diamond would represent a possible action, color coded by the size of the action (characters get one big, one medium and one small action each turn.) Hover over an icon and it will describe the skill. The sword and shield icon allows for changing weapon sets, such as dual blades to a bow.
town-image-2-1080x608.jpg
These depict the rebellious and ungoverned Mann Highlands, east of the Feydri Homeland. Home to bandits, rebels, and the dangerous Slyth. These worn buildings were part of the greater Drakyi kingdom in the days before the dragons turned their greatest cities to glass, and drove them beneath the ground. The Empress and even the Feydri Queen have little sway here. You will have to survive on your wits and strength of arms.

In the lower left, we have a combat log, so players can review their results. Players can resize the panel to meet their needs, minimizing it if they don't care.
More information.

I hope it has nothing in common with 9 Dragons from Acclaim.

I'm keen to see what they can do. I still think they should relaunch with a new name, though. To me "Seven Dragon Saga" conjures up something JRPG, rather than something gold box.

What is this game? A RPG? Looks... intriguing.

The game looks inspired by Divinity Original Sins look to me. A good inspiration.

True. But I like something about this interface. More original than the DOS one.

Looks good to me. Here's hoping the re-launched kickstarter gets funded.

It looks like they will be much better prepared for the next attempt. I'm looking forward to the campaign!

Agreed. I have high hopes for this one. The guys working on it are really good developers, if the can pull a "divinity" on this one they could make some noise.

Speaking of potential good games for 2016 (and beyond), anybody here knows anything about Demons Age? Supposedly a bunch of RPGWatchers were requested for beta test, but I cannot find any information whatsoever on the progresses. The web page has not been updated since the summer.

It seemed like their Kickstarter was somewhat poorly managed and it fell flat, but they have a new, unique setting and it looks like they are doing some good work.

People keep grumbling about wanting something different in a fantasy RPG; well this is different.

I pledged on their first Kickstarter. Will pledge on the second one too. :)

They should launch their KS as soon as possible. On top of it, they should launch a few KSs to remake those amazing Panzer General games.

Back
Top Bottom