The Surge - 5 Things You Need to Know

Aubrielle

Noveliste
The dev team behind The Surge shares five things they want us to know about the project.

23661501652_653a52992c_b.jpg

Hey guys! This is Jan Klose, CEO and Creative Director at Deck13. You may know us from Lords of the Fallen, but we’re back with The Surge, our new action-RPG.​

We know we haven’t talked about The Surge much since we announced it earlier this year, but today we’re here to tell you a little more about the world, combat and upgrade system, and talk a little about what inspired it!

So without further ado, here are five things you absolutely need to know about The Surge:

1. The world is inspired by the worst-case scenario for today’s problems

Earth, in a dystopian future where robotics and mega-corporations work hand-in-hand in an effort to preserve what’s left of Earth’s fragile climate. Quite frankly, the real world is what inspired us most.

I mean, take a look at recent trends in technology, robotics, AI, renewable energies… but also the political, environmental and economic development in the last 30 years. Where will all this end? If it were to end badly… welcome to The Surge.

There’s also an element of philanthropy we’ve touched upon in the story; where corporations fronted by internationally lauded characters claim they’re working for the greater good, but each year encroach more and more into the creepy. Drones to deliver goods, advertisements that seemingly read your mind, where would that all go in a few decades?
More information.

More information.

Please don't be another Dark Souls Clone. That's all I ask for with this game.:please:

Sorry couch, I hope that's exactly what it is.:p

If it's any thing like lords of the fallen it's an instabuy for me.
I know you will sakichop as we all know your an avid Dark Souls supporter. Anyway I just cant finish, or even enjoy any Dark Souls Clone it seems. I've tried multiple times.:disappointed:

Yes I admit I suck at the combat mechanics, and hate how the story is revealed with notes and books. If Deck 13 can do it differently I might buy the game.:cool:

I know you will sakichop as we all know your an avid Dark Souls supporter. Anyway I just cant finish, or even enjoy any Dark Souls Clone it seems. I've tried multiple times.:disappointed:

Yes I admit I suck at the combat mechanics, and hate how the story is revealed with notes and books. If Deck 13 can do it differently I might buy the game.:cool:

I get it dark souls type games aren't for everyone.

I agree about story reveal though, I'd also appreciate a fleshed out story,npc's and quests.

Is this game a MMO ?

A sci-fi style Dark Souls clone would be feckin' awesome....

It seems it will be DS clone. But they said there will be NPCs and dialogues. So from your point of view combat will be probably as bad as usual, story will be better.

The worst case scenario? Another empty promise as worst case scenarios, any of them, would spook off the potential customer base.

Just another shallow post apocalyptic world to surf the trend.

Back
Top Bottom