Divinity: Original Sin II - Holiday Update

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Larian Studios has prepared another update for Divinity: Original Sin II, in which they tell us how we can continue to help them shape the upcoming RPG masterpiece. Thanks again, Couch!

Seasons greetings to our favourite 42,713 people! As 2015 is winding down, production on D:OS2 is winding up and nearly the entire team is going full force creating our next adventure.​

See what the *rest* of the team (including our porting gurus) has been up to in the mean time, and find out how to claim your right to some very important design input in the following video:​

We put together a retrospective of the wild ride that was the Kickstarter campaign, from the first $100,000 (in only 1 hour!), to PAX and TwitchCon, to the final $2,000,000. Check out the campaign's highs, lows, and bloopers below.

More information.

More information.

Well I know this will be one of my must play RPG's of 2016 along with Torment: Tides of Numenera. Though I have a feeling it will be made into another enhanced edition.

Though I have a feeling it will be made into another enhanced edition.

Yeah, but that'll probably take about a year to do. I'd wait, but...that's an awfully long time!

I could tell this is Larian vid just by hearing that opening music...and who picked it.
With luck, Avellone's broody existentialism will neutralize Swen's natural chirpiness and DOS II will be more normal this time around. ;)

I could tell this is Larian vid just by hearing that opening music…and who picked it.
With luck, Avellone's broody existentialism will neutralize Swen's natural chirpiness and DOS II will be more normal this time around. ;)
It used to be long time music composer Kirill Pokrovsky, but he passed away so I have no clue. I'll take a wild guess and say Swen choose the video music.

As for Avellone I'm glad he joined to help make the story/writing, and NPC's better. Just look at the enhanced version with better writers, and compare it to the vanilla version.

Avellone joined this project? Wow, I must have been gone forever

Yes and it's all thanks to the RPG Codex. I usually can't say anything nice about them except for making this happen on Twitter earlier this year during the games kickstarter

Well...I guess if it wasn't for dysentery, we wouldn't have modern sanitation, so...

Well, nobody needs coffee in Larian, when you have Sven around. :p
But seriously, I have a very good feeling about this game.
They have a very strong foundation and know exactly what they want to do with it...this could very well turn out the best crpg we've had so far.

Well…I guess if it wasn't for dysentery, we wouldn't have modern sanitation, so…
Well that's true but we should stop before they infiltrate & hijack another thread. Don't forget many members here are alts of Codex members waiting for the opportunity.:biggrin:
They have a very strong foundation and know exactly what they want to do with it…this could very well turn out the best crpg we've had so far.
I agree as they also have a solid engine for future games. Seems I also remember Swen talking about other projects that are in in development with the new Canadian studio.

Last edited:
Is it too late to get in on the RPGWatch backer program for this game? I asked Myrthos about it a couple months ago and I think it was still good then, but I couldn't remember how long he said that would be going on…and I still want the game…finances have just been tight for us for the last few months…

Is it too late to get in on the RPGWatch backer program for this game? I asked Myrthos about it a couple months ago and I think it was still good then, but I couldn't remember how long he said that would be going on…and I still want the game…finances have just been tight for us for the last few months…
You would have to ask Myrthos again Aubrielle, but I would say it's to late to back the RPGWatch fundraiser as he sent the money to Larian Studios a few months ago.

I don't think there is slacker backer paypal system up yet either.:thinking:

Well I know this will be one of my must play RPG's of 2016 along with Torment: Tides of Numenera. Though I have a feeling it will be made into another enhanced edition.

Same. In fact, those are the only games I can think of right now, though there are a few interesting DLCs and expansions on the way too (PoE, The Witcher 3 etc).

Bard is cool. Unfortunately it probably won't make it. The damn summoning thing is going to be #2. At least Polymorpher is #1. Hard to balance, but it promises so much fun. I hope (as a high level skill, of course), polymorpher will be able to let you bypass the environmental barriers (walls, lava, mountains and such). I still have fond memories of picking up flying in M&M VI and start raining fireballs from the sky... not mentioning flying above all those pesky monsters...

Why do people always go for the most boring classes. *sigh* You could already summon monsters in the first game, what's the point of having a dedicated class really.

Bard and Unarmed Combat would have mean all new stuff, not more of something that is already there.

I voted something or other; btw a bit displeased they removed kickstarter credits and disable special on kickstarter tree in the EE version. Guess they figured it was no longer a kickstarter game but still...
-

Why do people always go for the most boring classes. *sigh* You could already summon monsters in the first game, what's the point of having a dedicated class really.

Bard and Unarmed Combat would have mean all new stuff, not more of something that is already there.

Well, I'm not a fan of unarmed (I've always considered it completely unrealistic to defend yourself against sharp sticks with bare hands) and bard has also been a class that has been done quite a lot in games. Besides it's just a buff automat, really. Not overly interesting IMHO... and I just played all the way through DAO Ultimate with lots of bard skills so naaaahhhh ;) .

That's why I went with the summoning master. It's not the most original class per se either, of course, but it depends on what you make out of it. I trust Larian to come up with some rather unique and fun summons.
No matter the game, I have always enjoyed summoning critters to aid you in combat... from Gothic 1 with its summoning scrolls all the way to MMOs like WoW and the Warlock/Hunter classes.

I liked the idea of Bard for one reason. You can tell tall tales about your companions or praise them. Just imagine how much roleplaying possibilities that would open up.

Back
Top Bottom