Edge Of Eternity - New Combat System

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Midgar Studio published an update on Edge of Eternity's combat system.

Thanks, Couch.

In this new update, we would like to talk about our new combat system!

In a pure traditional JRPG way, Edge of Eternity core feature is strategical combat. Our goal is to share with players our own vision of the Active Time Battle. For the Kickstarter Demo, we showed two different ways. Thanks with all your feedbacks and many playtests we have run, we are now working on a new unique combat mode. Our wish with this system is both to bring back your best JRPG memories and to offer an original experience. In that way, if the core gameplay reminds classical ATB such as Final Fantasy, our system provides a new tactical experience by introducing movements and strategic positioning.

More information.

More information.

Perhaps try avoiding putting whopping 8+MB images on the main page, and keep them to the post itself, gifs being a prime example.

Some may be on uncapped, on a PC, though others may be on a limited/cost per MB account on a mobile device etc.

Though it could be okay if it were a simple mp4, click to play kind of thing. Being smaller, less resource hungry, not looping.

One an less relevant note, it seems odd that this site requires so many third party scripts just to get youtube videos embedded.

Since I'm at it, a "Next" or "Older News" button at the bottom of a page wouldn't hurt, it's pretty standard and intuitive.

Okay, I'll tear myself away from the keyboard now lol.

This looks like a disaster in the making. They have these super fancy and detailed 3D graphics but they're only showing part of a field, and I'm sure their funding is ridiculously small for what they're trying to achieve. It won't look pretty when it all comes crashing down.

Back
Top Bottom