RPGWatch Feature - Dungeon Kingdom Interview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Farflame reached out to Hydro Games to talk about their dungeon crawler Dungeon Kingdom.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article&articleid=361RPGWatch: What are the strongest elements of Dungeon Kingdom? Why should players play your game instead of other crawlers?

Frederic: In Dungeon Kingdom, we tried to not only offer great graphics, but also innovate with interactions. That's why we've used a real physics engine, and have added other features like being able to burn parts of the environment. The advanced interactions open the way for new kinds of puzzles. We've shown this a bit so far in the Early Access, but there's much more to come in the next chapters of the game. Also, we didn't want to send the player into the dungeon, wandering around without any plot. That's why we have a strong backstory. In fact, we have already planned several Dungeon Kingdom games. It's too early to know how many games we'll release, but we have designed the story and background in a way that makes it possible.

And last but not least, we work very hard on each dungeon's conception, with replayability in mind, as well as freedom in exploration. There are often several ways to explore our dungeons. Simple examples are the abandoned area in the temple of Adwij with the multiple ways to access to it, or the Junction of the Ages, allowing the player to proceed with tests in any order. We are big fans of Chaos Strikes Back or EoB2 level design and some players during the Early Access have already confirmed that we are on the right track.
More information.

Thanks Farflame for the interview and sending it to us.

Thanks goto Frederic and Farflame - an informative interview.

Thanks Farflame.
I'll buy it when its out of EA (tired of beta testing this winter).
Also, its an insta buy if they put it on GoG.

Thanks all for publishing and for the support. And of course thanks Farflame :)

I do love the look of this one because not only is it a dungeon crawler with great graphics, but it's got outside/town areas too...with snow!

I look forward to seeing more about this one.

Hmmm I will definitely be checking this out...

I'm having a bit of a revival feeling for dungeon crawlers....I even have a thread up in in the indie section discussing making a 3d blobber world.

If only I could program(well I could, but way out of date...)
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31871
End self advertisement...

Thanks Farflame, haven't heard of this before and it looks great. Good interview.
Devs get bonus points for referencing Larry Elmore :).
Will definitely check it out when its ready.

Back
Top Bottom