Banner Saga 2 - PC Release Takes Priority

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Stoic tells us that The Banner Saga 2 is almost content complete, and that the console release will launch "alongside or after" the PC release.

Again, thanks to Couch for tonight's haul of news!

In an interview that's going to be published here on Gamereactor in the coming days, Stoic's John Watson revealed plenty of interesting details regarding his studio's upcoming RPG sequel, The Banner Saga 2.

Notably Watson gave us an update regarding the upcoming console version of The Banner Saga, but he also told us a little bit about the progress of The Banner Saga 2, which is coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One at some point in early 2016.

"We are almost 'content complete' meaning you can play through the entire game from front to back and none of the major plot points are missing," Watson explained when discussing the incoming sequel.

"In a few weeks we will all get together for a jam session to get all the music hooked up properly, in the right places, with the correct transitions, etc..."

The studio aren't only concentrating on TBS2, and the original is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 26.

"Console builds of The Banner Saga have finally passed cert and are ready for release prior to Banner Saga 2's launch, which is a relief. We've started work on console ports for The Banner Saga 2 with the hope that we can launch them alongside, or soon after, the Steam launch."

"Everything's coming together quickly each day, but there are still a few solid months of work ahead of us."
More information.

More information.

Porting on PS Vita?
Odd... I thought KitKat Android emulator already exists on Vita.

Wait a minute.
The game's PC release is a priority? Would someone be so kind to tell those devs Bluestacks is a freebie android emulator and actual ports from phones on PC are not needed.

Just shut up Joxer as sometimes you are very annoying.:evilgrin:

First of all Banner Saga was never a phone game as it was made for the PC first then ported to other platforms. The game engine was even licensed to other developers.

I still maintain that joxer would like Banner Saga original. I even offered to buy it for him. He declined.

Porting on PS Vita?
Odd… I thought KitKat Android emulator already exists on Vita.

Wait a minute.
The game's PC release is a priority? Would someone be so kind to tell those devs Bluestacks is a freebie android emulator and actual ports from phones on PC are not needed.

AMIDuOS is a better emulator :biggrin: although not free.

Just shut up Joxer as sometimes you are very annoying.:evilgrin:

First of all Banner Saga was never a phone game as it was made for the PC first then ported to other platforms. The game engine was even licensed to other developers.

Porting a PC game to Android just so they can use an Android emulator to play it on the PC is a pretty stupid concept, isn't it?

I still maintain that joxer would like Banner Saga original. I even offered to buy it for him. He declined.
Well he wouldn't be Joxer if he actually played the games he criticizes.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom