Kingdom Come - Beta, Crime System and More

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Kickstarter update for Kingdom Come: Deliverance tells us that they are entering the final stage of beta development, containing:

• First introduction to an epic story
  • All core game mechanics
  • Enlarging the current game map (triple)
  • The first important key battle/siege
  • A new weapon Type: Sword and Shield
  • And many more…
With this being the current status of development:

• Finishing the Story: Daniel Vávra and his team of 7 writers are finishing over 2.500 pages of screenplay, hundred pages of design and have now more than 70 quests with over 300.000 words of dialogues.
  • Dog Companion: We are working on the next Kickstarter Stretch Goal - a man's best friend. We decided to revive the extinct breed “Alount”. It was a very common breed used for hunting, herding and guarding.
  • 2D and 3D improvements: With hundreds of incredible artworks and many ingame improvements like the Dynamic weather changes and the Total Illumination System Kingdom Come: Deliverance gets even more realistic (watch this video from Vlad4D). In addition to that we improved our 3D face scanning technologies. We're scanning every single head for our game including over 30 different expressions and emotion to create life-like facial animations, even with wrinkles :)
  • Cutscene production starts: We are adding the first cutscenes into the game, with full motion capture of real actors and completely new voices. We prepared more than 25 hours of voiceovers and around 4h of symphonic music which will be recorded in Rudolfinum, one of the most important concert halls in Europe.
And all that can also be watched on video.

More information.

Worth it to watch all the way after the "Dungeons & No Dragons" sign. :giggle:

This game will be very awesome or a total waste of money. It looks awesome at least.

Selling Czech beers as game paraphernalia is quite original...

I wonder if this will live up to the hype? Lots of lofty goals here.

If they deliver the full modding kit as promised, I'll be happy just using this as a blank slate, even if the main game is lacking. It could make a great target for total conversion mods that want an open world fantasy setting.

Heck ya looking forward to this. I like Vavra's attitude as well. He comes across as a guy with a vision for the game and is sticking to it with a no BS attitude.

I have been looking forward to this game for a long time. I remember when they were trying to find investors. I loved the concept way back then.

I hope the lore will be well developed because medieval Christian Europe is actually a fascinating setting for a game.

White Christian Europe Simulator. It all makes sense now...

This going to have any multi player?
With this kind of First person sword fighting, imagine large scale battles and sieges with catapulting peasants over the walls.
Ripper would also make a pretty good squire for my character, I think. ;)

Back
Top Bottom