Mass Effect: Andromeda - Will Show at E3

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Bioware has confirmed that Mass Effect: Andromeda will be shown off at this year's E3.

It seems like we’ve been waiting for some truly big news about Mass Effect: Andromeda for quite a while now. Bioware seems keenly aware of that fact and the company announced the date when we’ll finally get that big news. The company revealed they will be showing off their new title at this coming E3. As we’ve pointed out, Bioware is redefining storytelling with this latest iteration.

The company announced on their official page that they would be showing the game off and said they were quite excited to be able to show more of the game that they have mostly just been talking about. Of course, that wasn’t the only thing Bioware talked about on their page. They also looked back at the year the company has had when it comes to games, particularly they mentioned the story of games like Dragon Age: Inquisition.

“At conventions from coast to coast, we met countless people who told us stories that made us laugh, cry, and remember why we make games. We saw fantastic cosplay and even put on a fashion show full of brand-new items that we developed based on feedback from all of you,” the company said. Now we’ll just have to wait and see what kind of information the game will be bringing to the show at E3 but it seems likely whatever they do show is going to be worth the wait.
More information.

More information.

It would be very surprising if they didn't have a lot to show at E3, considering it's quite close to the intended release date (Q4, 2016). In fact, I'm a bit surprised we're not seeing more of it before the E3.

It would be very surprising if they didn't have a lot to show at E3, considering it's quite close to the intended release date (Q4, 2016). In fact, I'm a bit surprised we're not seeing more of it before the E3.
It surprises me as well as we already know the game was in development for a few years already. It might be be a X-mas release, or as usual they delayed it to 2017.

Last edited:
Looks like someone had a little reading comprehension issue. The E3 mentioned in the BioWare blog is E3 2015, not the one that is coming in a few months.

Saying that, I totally expect ME Andromeda to come back at E3 this year. I suspect though that BioWare is going to keep the marketing low key until we are closer to release with a big push around Gamescom/Pax Prime (August 2016).

Looks like someone had a little reading comprehension issue. The E3 mentioned in the BioWare blog is E3 2015, not the one that is coming in a few months.
My bad but I was responding to Maylander not the article.:embarrassed:
Saying that, I totally expect ME Andromeda to come back at E3 this year. I suspect though that BioWare is going to keep the marketing low key until we are closer to release with a big push around Gamescom/Pax Prime (August 2016).
Want to make a bet this one does get delayed though?:biggrin:

My bad but I was responding to Maylander not the article.:embarrassed:

I didn't saw you post before posting, my comment was about the article. They took the E3 mention in the January 1st BioWare blog to mean E3 2016, but they were talking about presenting ME:A at E3 2015 in the blog.

Want to make a bet this one does get delayed though?:biggrin:

I very much doubt it. With its current release date, the game had 4 years of development already and insider rumors is that the game have been fully playable for a while now (BioWare devs are even booked meeting hours to play it lol).

edit 2: An insider commented pre-E3 2015 that he was expecting a Spring 2016 release by how advanced the game was back then.

I didn't saw you post before posting, my comment was about the article. They took the E3 mention in the January 1st BioWare blog to mean E3 2016, but they were talking about presenting ME:A at E3 2015 in the blog.

You think? *ponders* I'm not sure. I mean, we've seen next to nothing in the way of footage from ME:A, right? All we've got is a teaser trailer or two to build hype (unless I've been living under a rock and totally missed it). My guess is that the article was saying that we'll see more concrete info about it at E3, including in-game footage, a couple of let's plays, etc.

You think? *ponders* I'm not sure. I mean, we've seen next to nothing in the way of footage from ME:A, right? All we've got is a teaser trailer or two to build hype (unless I've been living under a rock and totally missed it). My guess is that the article was saying that we'll see more concrete info about it at E3, including in-game footage, a couple of let's plays, etc.
That's what I was thinking also as every recent BioWare game has been delayed at least once before release. So I hope this doesn't get pushed back till late 2016, or 2017.

That's what I was thinking also as every game from BioWare has been delayed at least once before release. So I seriously hope this doesn't get pushed back till late 2016/2017.

Even if it doesn't get pushed back into 2017, I'd be really, really surprised if it was on track for a spring 2016 release. If it were, we'd have a lot more in-game footage by now to build hype. Bioware/EA are very careful when it comes to marketing. My guess would be fall, personally…

I don't care about any presentations.

I'm ME series #1 fan. I still hate the original trilogy ending, will never forgive removal of Mako in sequels, adding crap sonar grinding in ME2, cutting away puzzle minigames in the third game and ME:Infiltrator phonegame idiocy. And will definetly spit on EA decision makers' graves because of Bioware Points scamware that prevented many people to enjoy materials that should have been an integral part of the game and not DLC.
And I'm still wearing N7 clothes everywhere I paid a fortune as are overpriced and shipment is outrageous while importing from Bioware store.

Although bitten by a snake I'll still preorder ME4. If there will be deluxe addon garbageware, DLC avoidware and season passes scam, EA can shove those all up their arse, I'm not buying.

The only sad thing is that ME4 will be Origin exclusive. If I see DA bears in it, it will be impossible for me to thumb the game down on Steam. Sure, I'll still be able to troll Bioware forum with that, but it's not the same thing.

I think some people need more coffee this morning. My comment is about how the article reference the blog post but totally twist what the blog post says.

This is the part of the article that mention the blog:
The company announced on their official page that they would be showing the game off and said they were quite excited to be able to show more of the game that they have mostly just been talking about.

This is what the blog actually says (all in the past tense, it talks about this trailer):
We were ecstatic to finally be able to give you a taste of what’s to come in Mass Effect: Andromeda at E3, and we got a real kick out of seeing how you reacted.

The other mention of Andromeda is at the very end where it says We hope you’ll join us on our journey to Andromeda.

Now, E3 and Gamescom are the only confirmed official convention presences by BioWare this year so far*, so expecting something new at E3 2016 has very good odds.

*a normal thing, they usually announce their conventions presences for the rest of the year around April.

Now, unlike a lot of people here, I don't believe the lack of footage outside the E3 2015 trailer to mean that the game will be delayed to 2017. EA have started to reduce the marketing length for their games (probably an attempt at saving money). And I believe that BioWare/EA marketing doesn't know how to market the game because of how different it is from the previous ones* (in themes and gameplay) and the amount of "Where's Shepard?/What about my ME3 ending?" they can tolerate.

Will require the Origin platform, I'm assuming. Therefore, pass, I like my computer too much to put that garbage on it. RIP Mass Effect one and two!
Of course it will as every EA game uses the Origin platform on the PC.:)

It will probably use the new updated denuvo drm also.

I'm usually not nitpicky but I see this all over the internet: denuvo is no DRM, it is a safety measure for existing DRMs.

Back to topic - I am also a bit surprised of the lack of trailer/media presence in general for Andromeda.. I hope they throw some of the extra budget in the development instead of simply saving it ;-)

I'm usually not nitpicky but I see this all over the internet: denuvo is no DRM, it is a safety measure for existing DRMs.
Why does no one get sarcasm on this forum. I better start using this again.:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Now, unlike a lot of people here, I don't believe the lack of footage outside the E3 2015 trailer to mean that the game will be delayed to 2017. EA have started to reduce the marketing length for their games (probably an attempt at saving money).

Yeah. ME is an established franchise so just like Bethesda with the established Fallout franchise they do not really need to do a lot of advance marketing since the previous games are marketing enough to easily push 10+ million sales.
All they really need to do is: Here. New Mass Effect. Click the preorder button. kthx --> $profit$

I think BioWare is still trying not to feed the trolls, so perhaps their strategy will be to trickle info until the 'mass' wave right before release. If I remember correctly, we knew very little about Inquisition until it was almost upon us.

If I remember correctly, we knew very little about Inquisition until it was almost upon us.

They showed a gameplay demo of DAI in 2013 at Gamescom/PAX (August/September), a full year before release. Most of the content in the demo was cut from the game because the old gen consoles couldn't handle it. I think that experience soured BioWare with showing gameplay too early.

After that, they less or more went silent until March 2014, after which they started the marketing machine and spoiled the whole game over the next 9 months really. I saw a few BioWare devs saying they probably spoiled too much of the game in retrospect. I expect them to be more conservative this time around.

Back
Top Bottom