Project Resurgence - Kickstarter Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Kickstarter campaign for the episodic dieselpunk RPG Project Resurgence had a good start:

Hey there Nectarines!

It’s update time, with Rob! Tomorrow marks our first full week of funding, and we are in pretty great shape. For those of you not as familiar with crowdfunding, the funding of a project typically follows a reverse bell curve, with really high numbers at the beginning and end and not very much in the middle. Following that pattern, any project that raises 10% in its first day will likely be funded.

That should make you guys as excited as it makes me, since we blew past that on day one! The numbers have been climbing steadily, and after a very generous $10k contribution yesterday, we’re now at $63k (39%) with 30 more days to go! From all the research I’ve done, I can tell you we are in a great position to finish out our first week.

If you’ve got questions or comments, we’d still love to hear them! Between myself, the NGS team, and our Ambassadors, we’ve been spending most of our time communicating with you guys. We really want to make a personal connection with you all, get your input, and make a game we know you’re going to love. Let us know what else you’d like to see in these updates, and what parts of the game and our development you’d like to go over in more detail.

The best ways to reach us are through the campaign comments, Reddit, Twitter, and our forums. I’ve been handling all the Twitter direct messages personally too. :)

[...]

More information.

I think this KS would do better if they offered more, charged less and had a better KS video.
There are just too many holes in their pitch to make bigger number of cRPG fans interested.

Yea not touching this one. Don't know the developers; asking a ton of money and their pitch is hollow with regards to the actual game.
-
Also they throw out a lot of buzz words which bother myself.

I still can't believe what they went with for their first stretch goal at launch. I mean, projecting confidence is one thing but...

Sorry, episodes and season passes = no backing from me.

When its complete and I can buy it in a package they might have a customer.

Episodes, if it was an adventure, okay, why not. It's not so... I'll avoid.
But season pass?!

IMO kickstarter should instaban projects that include any mention of such schemes.

If they manage to realize both a good turn based and a good real time combat system, I'll buy the game no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom