The Witcher - Second Project Underway

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Amfamaster writes that a second Witcher project is already underway and will hopefully be released in 18 months:
Tomasz Baginski, the guy behind 'The Witcher's' cutscenes was recently interviewed on Polish news channel (TVN). He stated that CDProjekt RED is already working on a second part of The Witcher and they are planning to release it in about 18 months. He also said that he will most probably work on cutscenes for the second part as well. CD Projekt did not comment on this news.
Based on reports from Polish sites gry-online.pl and gry.wp.pl . Thanks, Amfamaster!
More information.

This was also posted on the Codex, CD Projekt's yarpen commented:
All I can say is: do not believe everything you read.

So either it's simply not true or something about it is inaccurate.

Michal Kicinki's recent interview dropped big hints they have a whole franchise planned, so even if the details are wrong, I'm sure there's something to it. Could just be a console conversion or somesuch in this case, I guess.

It could be that it is an expansion pack so it will only take 6 months instead of 18 months.

I dare them to make an expansion that integrates as well as NOTR did into G2.

NOTR integration was easily the thing that impressed me the most in my gaming career.

Real good news. The Witcher is definetly one of the Best RPGs I've played in a long while and I'm still not done with it after like 2 weeks of play. Usually I finish games over a weekend.

Michal Kicinki's recent interview dropped big hints they have a whole franchise planned, so even if the details are wrong, I'm sure there's something to it. Could just be a console conversion or somesuch in this case, I guess.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I think the news is a bit misleading if you don't feature the "official" denial, though.

no need to integrate it as an expansion, make it a quasi sequel, help me understand who the hell the assassin was, give me 3 more chapters as well designed as the original game, MORE!

Hey guys,

It's Lukasz from The Witcher dev team (on witcher forum known as Dziadu). Just wanted to say hello:) and clear all this mess regarding The Witcher 2.

This is not official announcement. What more, witcher 2 case is not even confirmed internally in CD Projekt RED. So, talking about strict release dates is not a good idea right now.

Hey guys,

It's Lukasz from The Witcher dev team (on witcher forum known as Dziadu). Just wanted to say hello:) and clear all this mess regarding The Witcher 2.

This is not official announcement. What more, witcher 2 case is not even confirmed internally in CD Projekt RED. So, talking about strict release dates is not a good idea right now.

Hi Lukasz,

I just wanted to tell you this is the best RPG I've played in years. You've made an almost perfect game imo.

Please confirm internally Witcher 2 quickly :) or at the very least a nice expansion pack. The Witcher has ruined just about all the other RPGs for me because they are just boring when compared to The Witcher.

wow

this is by far the BEST RPG in years if not a decade !
great piece of art !

At least I'm not quite done with even this one, so yeah, it's premature.

Congratulations for creating the best cRPG since Fallout, by the way. If there is no sequel at all, I will lose what little is left of my faith in humanity. ;)

True, I have never seen an add-on implemented as well as NotR. It is truly exceptional.

Something tells me this might just be a different Witcher game though, an action game for example. On The Witcher, it clearly says "Roleplaying Game", so there might be something else in the world of witchers on its way (example: The Witcher - Action game, or The Witcher - Strategy game).

Of course, an add-on is likely as well, but most add-ons do not take 1,5 years to develop. Roughly 8-12 months is more common.

And yes, The Witcher is definetly an excellent game, along with NWN2: MotB it's the best thing since the Gothic series for me.

I dare them to make an expansion that integrates as well as NOTR did into G2.

NOTR integration was easily the thing that impressed me the most in my gaming career.
That was more of an Add-in than an Add-on.

Would everyone please stop mentioning Night of the Raven. I'm still having nightmares about having to wait 2 years to play the damned thing due to the botched english release ... so stop mentioning you know what :shh:

I don't care what it is as long as it's a PC game that's a faithful follow up to the first game. Please, please please CD Projekt don't make the next game a console game! At least make one or two sequels before you jump ship!

Would everyone please stop mentioning Night of the Raven. I'm still having nightmares about having to wait 2 years to play the damned thing due to the botched english release ... so stop mentioning you know what :shh:

Hey that thing I'm not supposed to mention? Well, you must have more patience than me. I couldn't wait and so I ordered the game from Germany, then downloaded the community patch which translated the German version into english subtitles. It was awesome!... course I guess that doesn't matter at this point...:-/

As did I, but the community patch itself took quite a while to make. So yes, it was a very frustrating time, but man it was worth the wait. In fact, all this talking about you-know-what has made me want to replay it. I think I will once I'm done with Hellgate and Witcher.

Back
Top Bottom