Kenshi - Finally Entering Beta

Aubrielle

Noveliste
After long years of development, Kenshi is finally approaching beta.

You may have noticed we have been very quiet over the last few months without releasing any updates. The reason is we are on our final run to the beta release with the new world map!

This means all core features and content will be in the game and we can finally focus entirely on stability, bug-fixing and polish. (Features and content may still be added in the future, but not until after a full stable 1.0 release)

I won't give an exact date for the beta release because it will depend on how smoothly things go, but it will be in a few weeks from now, probably early February. Here are the details:

NEW WORLD (0.80.0)
Due to the sheer size of the new map the first release will be restricted to a certain area only. This area will gradually expand with more updates, but the main focus now is going to be on stability and polish.

Content:

• Entirely new world map. More detailed and polished, new factions, new content, things to explore. Its' like Kenshi 2. Crazy. I should have called it Kenshi 2 and charged for it again, but I didn't. Damn.
  • Entirely revamped research tech-tree, new technologies and balance.
  • Totally new buildings. Multiple floors, and you can mount turrets on the rooftops.
  • New power system. Generators require fuel, wind power fluctuates with the wind strength, batteries compensate for fluctuations.
  • Revamped farming system and different crops.
  • New animals, and new races with own strengths and weaknesses.
  • There's water now. Rivers to cross and oceans to drown in.
  • Camping- You can build easy camp beds and fires for survival when travelling
<li style="text-align: justify;">Bandit camps, somewhere for them to retreat to and stage assaults.
More information.

I say it's about damn time as Kenshi was one of the first Early Access games on Steam. Hopefully the developer can finish development this year, but they probably wont.

Last edited:
Wow totally forgot about this.

Back
Top Bottom