Fallout 4 - Mod Adds Traits, More Perks

Aubrielle

Noveliste
There's a new mod that re-introduces traits back into Fallout 4, along with a host of new perks.

Traits, in the context of Fallout, are character modifiers that provide a significant advantage of one form or another, at the cost of a significant disadvantage. The “Heavy Handed” trait in Fallout: New Vegas, for instance, grants characters a 20 percent bonus on melee and unarmed damage, but also imposes a 60 percent penalty on critical damage. Character traits are are an optional, but for many players vital, part of character creation in Fallout, Fallout 2, and New Vegas—but Bethesda chose to omit them Fallout 3 and, more recently, Fallout 4. Now, thanks to the work of a modder by the name of Cirosan, it's possible to bring them back.

The “Traits and More Perks” mod that hit the Nexus over the weekend adds ten Traits, and a few new Perks, to Fallout 4. Many of them are inspired by traits from previous Fallout games—“Heavy Handed” is present, for instance (with slightly changed stats)—but others, like "Determined" (permanent bonus to damage, energy, and rad resistance, limbs are harder to cripple, but chems have no effect) are original creations.
More information.

More information.

Like always, fans and talented modders will finish broken messes Bethesda keeps releasing , expand gameplay and functionality tenfold , then Bethesda will collect the undeserved credit for what they didn't do, and everyone can hop on Todd's penis with joy. Voila

Ofcourse there will be mods like this. in 2 years it will be a great game worth replaying

Seriously, can't imagine playing a character in Fallout without the Gifted trait.

It's getting closer, though I'm still not going to touch this until the GECK (or is it the FOCK) arrives. I'm trying to get through NV at the moment, though must admit that my interest is starting to fail me; I never could get into that game as easily as the others, not quite sure why... Maybe I've just played too much Fallout.

in 2 years it will be a great game worth replaying
With so many upcoming games, nothing will be worth replaying.
Although... There are indeed some people out there who watched Titanic for more than 20 times.

Good point

I've started up a new New Vegas playthrough with the After War Nevada mod. It's great - feels more like a Fallout RPG than both Fallout 3 & 4 combined.

Speaking of the Gifted Trait, this is what it is in the aforementioned mod:
You have more innate abilities than most, so you have not spent as much time honing your skills. Your statistics are better than the average person, but your skills are lacking. All S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats are increased by 1, but all Skills are reduced by 4 points and you receive 4 Skill Points per level less.

Not so overpowered now is it? All the traits are like that, with real negatives to the trait like it used to be in FO1/2 - and there's about 3 dozen of them to choose from. The entire mod is like that, offering you a real chance to roleplay rather than just waltz through character building. Great mod, recommended.

But, anyway, that's FNV… as for Fallout 4, the game is shallow and flawed to its roots. In this context, this [perk]mod allows you to add perks a'plenty, but the awful UI/perk tree forces you into stopgap measures such as using crafted ingestibles to add anything that isn't one of ten perks/stat.

I will try that mod you mentioned, thanks for the recommendation

The first Bethesda game I am buying consciously...as in waiting for the GOTY version to be at least 50% off before I bother.

I could be playing it on my (weak) friends steam account but I just have no desire to. I'll probably buy it on sale either this years xmas steam sale or maybe next year (depending on how slow they crank out the 5 DLC's).

Although… There are indeed some people out there who watched Titanic for more than 20 times.

So how many times did you watch "The Man From Nowhere" (ala your profile picture)? I personally watched it at least twice; maybe as many as four times; it was actually a great movie worth multiple views. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

__

I'm about 40 hours into my latest game restart. I don't have any mods installed. The beta alone makes the game look a lot better, although it will cost you a lot in FPS to run with the HBAO+ and all the other settings maxed in the beta. If you have a hefty rig I highly recommend it, the textures are not that big of a deal for me, the game just looks way better with the beta, not so muddy looking like before. I might try some mods once the beta goes release and the optimization is better. Game is epic, period. Getting a good sniper rifle with a 200+ range and high end scope is a game changer for me, spent a lot of time scrounging around for parts for it, but totally worth it.

Although… There are indeed some people out there who watched Titanic for more than 20 times.

I agree. My 200 hours of FO4 will be but a distant memory by fall 2016.

Back
Top Bottom