Skyrim - Skywind 'Envision' Trailer

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Is is magnificient and it would be wonderful to visit Morrowind once again. I do however believe that theres two problems:

1) Morrowind had more problems than just graphical. For example it got really easy too fast. They ought to make some optional addon with adjustments for things like that.

2) Skyrim was released in 2010. We are not in 2016 and there doesn't seem to be much beside the graphics so far. They will most likely never finish this project.

*shuts down computer and cries for a little bit*

I think your memory is failing you, Skyrim certainly wasn't released more than 5 years ago. Skyrim was released in November 2011. The Skywind project started in late 2012 but in it's current form (complete rebuild) it has been about 2 years.

Looks great...... but.......... for me it also lacks a little atmosphere. Morrowind always felt dark, dank and mysterious. Whereas this looks a bit "normal". Maybe I'm being a bit harsh. On second viewing it drew me in more.

In ffact on second viewing it really reminded me what an awesome game it is.
Does anyone know if they will be changing the combat?

It's looking at projects like this that makes me want to finally get around to learning Papyrus scripting. However, I might just wait till the FOCK comes out... or maybe I'll just put it off like I do with all the other projects I keep meaning to start :roll: I wish I knew how the developers of mods like this manage to keep up their motivation to keep going.

Does anyone know if they will be changing the combat?

It will use the Skyrim combat.

edit
And now I'm in the mood to replay Morrowind or Skyrim... *sigh*

Last edited:
I know, right? I've been trying to keep myself occupied with DA:I or Dragon's Dogma because I know if I start playing Skyrim for the 20th time, I'll end up modding the hell out of it. So much good stuff still comes out for Skyrim.

I know if I start playing Skyrim for the 20th time, I'll end up modding the hell out of it. So much good stuff still comes out for Skyrim.
I wish there were some way of installing more than 255 mods for Skyrim (without having to combine them). I seem to burn through that amount scarily quickly.

I know, right? I've been trying to keep myself occupied with DA:I or Dragon's Dogma because I know if I start playing Skyrim for the 20th time, I'll end up modding the hell out of it. So much good stuff still comes out for Skyrim.

I think I spend more time modding Skyrim than playing it when I re-install. There is so many interesting stuff and vanilla is so barebone in comparison. I basically just try mods and decide if I like them or not...

I have too many games to play right now though, so I must not do it. Maybe later in the year.

I think your memory is failing you, Skyrim certainly wasn't released more than 5 years ago. Skyrim was released in November 2011. The Skywind project started in late 2012 but in it's current form (complete rebuild) it has been about 2 years.

You're right. But it still is a long time and a huge project. I remain sceptical I'm afraid.

For a long time I was quite sceptical as well, but after browsing their forums, I must say that this Skywind seems to be one of the more organized mod projekts I've seen. World building is quite far away already and the implementation of quests has progressed reasonably well too. Ofcourse there is a lot of work left, but they seem to be following a clear vision.

One of the more promissing signs is that they have managed to hire plenty of decent voice actors and implement plenty of dialog to npcs. As a whole its organized quite well and there are so many people involved.

Do these repeated trailers bring them more money to support the project? Otherwise, it seems a bit pointless to keep bringing em out without a release date.

[ETA: but it looks great! I don't mean to come off as sour -- I would eagerly play and even pay for this were it to be released.]

Last edited:
They can be good way to inspire people to join in the effort and to generate a bit of hype which in turn adds momentum and helps to keep existing team motivated.... Plus they're cool just to watch.

I've played MW in OB quite a bit, it's fun to visit familiar places in a different game. I should post some pics.

It will use the Skyrim combat.

edit
And now I'm in the mood to replay Morrowind or Skyrim... *sigh*

Yippee! :) Looking forward to this big time now.

They can be good way to inspire people to join in the effort and to generate a bit of hype which in turn adds momentum and helps to keep existing team motivated…. Plus they're cool just to watch.

Yes, modders usually don't make much money off their efforts, but they may at least get some satisfaction from having others speak positively of their work. I sure like what I'm seeing.

Back
Top Bottom