Fallout 4 - Beta Test DLC and get it Free

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Ars Technica, They report that Beta Testers will get to keep the DLC. But you will have to sign up quickly if you want in.

In a first for a major Bethesda game, Fallout 4 will also allow its PC players to access its DLC content early and for free, provided they become approved beta testers. Bethesda doesn't mean a limited-time free access, where you get into a beta and then lose the content and your progress in it; the developer says that approved DLC beta testers will get to keep all content for free and retain both progress and achievements as the DLC content is patched and approved ahead of retail launch. You'll want to sign up quickly at bethesda.net.
More information.

I signed up. But apparently you have to wait and be selected and if you are, you will receive a code by email. Waiting to see...

In another thread about DLC content I've said something like: grind, meh, peh, bah.

But this is IMO a positive move. While FO4 is possibly the least buggy beth's openworld ever, outsourced betatest cannot ever hurt, especially since it'll be done by actual players who'll try stuff while exploring and not just fastrun2bragg just through the main quest.

Still, can't bring myself to betatest a possible grindfest, so anyone who appliesI'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you like Silver already did.

In before "but we're already beta testing the main game" post

How very matrix-y! You've become the prophecy by trying to avoid the prophecy!

I've done enough beta testing to last a lifetime… I've found it often sours my final opinion of the game. I'll wait for the slightly less buggy final release.

Back
Top Bottom