Kickstarter Games - Wartile

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Kickstarter campaign for the strategy RPG Wartile has started:

WARTILE delivers a game experience unlike anything you’ve seen before. Bring a collection of miniature figurines to life as they aid you to battle it out in a real time strategy video game. Position figurines, use their strengths and be mindful of their weaknesses, activate their special abilities and play action cards to gain the upper hand on the playing field.In the Viking Conquest campaign, players will get their first taste of the charming medieval fantasy universe we’ve been working on for years now. Collect and lead a group of Viking warriors through a series of battle boards forged by the Viking king’s desire to rule Scandinavia and England to write his place in history in blood.

KEY FEATURES

• Take control of a band of miniature figurines as they come to life.
  • Engage in battles on gorgeous battle board dioramas with a true tabletop feel.
  • Play Godly and Tactical cards and change the course of the battle.
  • Experience a novel twist on the real time strategy genre!
  • Customize your units with weapons, armor & new abilities found throughout the game
  • Expand your collection of figurines & widen your palette of possibilities
  • Venture into the Viking Campaign rich on Mythology, story and lore
  • Play against friends in quest oriented multiplayer matches or go full competitive
WARTILE is on Steam!

With your support, WARTILE will be developed for PC and MAC. We are very happy to announce that we have our very own WARTILE page setup in the COMING SOON category on Steam! Feel free to visit it and please add us to your wish list and follow us to support the project! And yes, this does mean that if you pledge for a copy of the game you will be getting a Steam copy as a thank you for your support! But don’t worry, we’re not forgetting those of you who love DRM-free games, and because of this you’ll be getting a Steam copy of WARTILE as well as a DRM-free version! Twice the game is good, right?

[...]

Trailer:

More information.

Turn-based strategy? Check
Collectible cards? Check
Governator accent? Check

This one goes directely to the wishlist!

Turn-based strategy? Check
Collectible cards? Check
Governator accent? Check

This one goes directely to the wishlist!

turn based? The first paragraph in the OP says it's real time, so which is it?
WARTILE delivers a game experience unlike anything you’ve seen before. Bring a collection of miniature figurines to life as they aid you to battle it out in a real time strategy video game

turn based? The first paragraph in the OP says it's real time, so which is it?

Froim the vid I took it to be turn-based... Seems weird to have a table-top-kinda game with cards that is real-time.

Guess I will have to take a closer look when there is more to see.

Sounds more like a tactics game than a strategy one. Which isn't bad though.

However these very narrow maps they showed could cause a very puzzle like gameplay like it existed in Blackguards. Not something I'd like to see again.

While I like the artstyle and the idea I always think "cards" as visualization of abilities are rather pushing people away in games than draw them towards it.

Very fair pricing on Kickstarter.

Back
Top Bottom