InSomnia - New Combat Video

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
There's a new combat video in Kickstarter update #48 for InSomnia:

Fighting for your life: combat video

Hello everyone! Today we will share a few more details about the updated InSomnia demo and current status of the project.

New combat video

So lately we have reworked some of the existing combat mechanics and introduced a bunch of new essential features. This video below will show you a fight with a well protected target both with melee weapon and a shotgun, some sneaking, blocking, dodging, executing, recharging, healing, looting and new main UI in action:

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Combat look cool, but when is this game being released? It sounds like it was announced ages ago.

I went to their kickstarter site and found out that they'll do another one 'cause they blowed their budget. Very untrustworthy devs, if you ask me. I wouldn't back them.

Frack, why did I think this would have more of a tactical stat based combat instead of this twitch based crap... I guess I can remove this from my wishlist.

Wow. Great looking combat. I like the looks of it, definitely will be following this one now.

I must be the only one who doesn't like rolling in an ARPG. (Really, I must admit I'm mostly sick of ARPGs in general.) I remember The Witcher 2 adding it after release, because so many people were crying for it. But, speaking of Risen, I much prefer the parrying of the first Risen game.

The Witcher 2's combat would suck beyond mesure without rolling if my memory serves me right. I rolled all the goddamn time.

I would prefer it to be turn-based, but I guess I will give it a chance once released.

I must be the only one who doesn't like rolling in an ARPG. (Really, I must admit I'm mostly sick of ARPGs in general.) I remember The Witcher 2 adding it after release, because so many people were crying for it. But, speaking of Risen, I much prefer the parrying of the first Risen game.

Rolling was in TW2 from start, and combat sucked from start as well.

Combat big like, because of dodge/rolling on ground. Awesome graphics. I'll buy when it comes out after a couple of patches.

wasn't this supposed to be a party based game at some point
It was supposed to be many things. One of those was a finished RPG that does not have Dark Souls combat. If I was a KS backer I would be mighty pissed by now.

Capt. Huggy Face said:
I much prefer the parrying of the first Risen game.

Agreed. First Risen has very good combat.

wasn't this supposed to be a party based game at some point

Not really. I think they never said it will be traditional party-based game like BG.
You have companions in ARPGs too.

They make the game bigger than initially anticipated. And they probably reworked combat a lot in last months because it looked pretty boring in first videos. Now it looks better.

I'm a backer. It was never supposed to be turn based or party based. It was supposed to be real time w/pause, like Baldur's Gate. That they've focused more on action oriented combat is not what I expected. Hopefully you can still pause, and plan, I'd be dissapointed if that's not the case, as I wrote the developer extra about the combat before backing.

Back
Top Bottom