Skyrim - Skywind: Official Development Video #4

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Elder Scrolls Renewal Project shows their progress with Skywind:

The Elder Scrolls Renewal Project is proud to present the 4th installment in our developer video series! This time with a heavy emphasis on recruitment, we are ready to share what the team has been hard at work on in the year since our last video. Thank you to all the fans for their continued patience and support!
Thanks Couch!

More information.

After watching the video I sooooo want to play it right now! Their process looks very professional (to a layman like me).
I guess we will have at least another new TES game (with new engine hopefully) before this is playable. Very looking forward to it nonetheless.

Also Enderal is close to be finished! ^_^

Last edited:
Gotta love pc gaming because of things like this.

Best feature of this amazing work is that it will run with sky-high fps on 7 yrs old PCs.

There does seem to be a remarkable level of talent involved. I wonder if, like the Enderal team, they are taking it quite seriously as a way to establish a professional career.

Based on their FAQ, it sounds like they are developing their own merged skill/perk system. That ought to be interesting.

I'm sure by the time this is released I'll have no interest in going back to install skyrim and play it, just like the morroblivion overhaul.

I have great respect for the work they put in but it just takes too long for these projects. Even after they release they will have several more version releases before they finish.

What they've done so far looks great, but I don't get why they're recording new sounds and voiceovers. Is it because they can't use the original stuff for legal reasons?

What they've done so far looks great, but I don't get why they're recording new sounds and voiceovers. Is it because they can't use the original stuff for legal reasons?

Afaik there was no voice acting in Morrowind, hence they need to record everything ;-)
As for the sounds I guess they just don't want to use sounds from more than 10 years ago, which is kinda understandable.

Afaik there was no voice acting in Morrowind, hence they need to record everything ;-)
As for the sounds I guess they just don't want to use sounds from more than 10 years ago, which is kinda understandable.

There's voice acting in Morrowind, but not for the majority of generic dialogue. I don't see how the age of the sounds matters. Were not talking about MIDI here. :)

I don't think the sounds or music need to be messed with. I'm highly skeptical that they could do a better job than Bethesda.

There's voice acting in Morrowind, but not for the majority of generic dialogue. I don't see how the age of the sounds matters. Were not talking about MIDI here. :)

I don't think the sounds or music need to be messed with. I'm highly skeptical that they could do a better job than Bethesda.

I would think part of the experience is not to just see a re-skinned Skyrim, but to have a new audio experience. I don't know if they'll keep the UI, but it would be nice to sit down and play this like it was a new game in all aspects.

I would think part of the experience is not to just see a re-skinned Skyrim, but to have a new audio experience. I don't know if they'll keep the UI, but it would be nice to sit down and play this like it was a new game in all aspects.

That's not going to happen. It's still going to be Morrowind even with new graphics & sound and revamped combat. Afaik, all of the quests, locations, and characters are going to remain unchanged.

Sometimes it's easier to rebuild something wholesale so you're not left in the position of trying to "match" your assets with those provided when you need something more. It's also more fun and gratifying.

Of course, that's just in general and the Skywind team likely has its own reasons.

Back
Top Bottom