Healer's Quest - Coming to Kickstarter on April 7

Probably a similar concept as Knights of Pen and Paper. Low Depth Mobile Phone / Casual game with appeal to geeks. Might still be fun though, but not something I'd back on Kickstarter.

I played this game awhile ago on mobile. It was cute, but it was kind of simple and didn't really stand out. Still fun to play for a bit, but nothing that seemed like it absolutely needed to be ported to PC.

Like the idea but game itself don't inspire me to KS and likely not a full price buy if it's drm free.

Hi everyone,

I'm Pablo Coma, the solo developer of Healer's Quest. Thanks a lot to all of you for you comments! It's really great to see that the game is getting some attention even though I didn't really start to communicate on it. :)

Please allow me to reply to all of you.

@Hiddenx
Thanks a lot for starting the thread and sharing news about the game! Greatly appreciated! :)

this is just wacky enough. I always wanted to be a healbot.
Awesome, I'm sure you will like the game! :)

Probably a similar concept as Knights of Pen and Paper. Low Depth Mobile Phone / Casual game with appeal to geeks. Might still be fun though, but not something I'd back on Kickstarter.
I believe the game has nothing to do with Knight of Pen and Paper. Combats are all real-time in Healer's Quest, scenario is very different, graphics are not pixel art and it's definitely not a low depth casual game. Probably more casual than Skyrim (hey, I'm doing this alone!), but I suggest you try the hard difficulty before stating it's a casual game. :)
If you do try it, I'm very interested in receiving your feedback.

This looks great. I hope it succeeds.
Thanks a lot for your kind words!

I played this game awhile ago on mobile. It was cute, but it was kind of simple and didn't really stand out. Still fun to play for a bit, but nothing that seemed like it absolutely needed to be ported to PC.
Actually the game you played on Mobile was made by me, but was called "Healer Quest" (without the 's). Though the name is quite close, Healer's Quest (with 's) is a different game. Since the release of Healer Quest in June 2015, I've been working days and night on this PC version and have reworked nearly everything to make it suitable for the PC audience. To be a little bit more explicit, Healer's Quest has loot and inventory, character customization, different karma influencing the dialogs, interactive dialogs, skill trees for the spells, reworked animations, a more in-depth experience system for all allies characters, much more content (was limited on mobile due to hardware limitations). All these features were absent on mobile. Most importantly, many new or different gameplay mechanics have been (and will still be) added or deeply modified. For example the basic "Heal" spell has been completely reworked to fit the PC platform. The list could go on and be very long, but I think you get the point : they are completely different games.
I'm sure you'll know what I mean after playing it for 30 seconds.

Like the idea but game itself don't inspire me to KS and likely not a full price buy if it's drm free.
Healer's Quest will definitely be DRM-free and price will be around 10€. I understand it may not appeal to you though. The concept is quite niche so it will not please to everyone. But if you like the idea, it's probably worth trying the short demo.

If any of you want to try the game before the official release of the demo (which is April 7th, at the same time as the Kickstarter), feel free to send me an email to rablogames@gmail.com and I'll send you the link to the demo. For your information it's a short demo of around 15 minutes, but it gives an excellent idea of what the definitive game will be.

And it's not much different, but the latest trailer is here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeaMzBcs4mY

Don't hesitate to ask anything!

Cheers,

Pablo

Last edited:
Breezed through and noticed two things:
- not phonegame
- niche

Usually those two points mean instabuy from me. Will definetly check the Kickstarter project when it's up.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to tell you all that the game is currently on Kickstarter. It's the best place to learn anything and everything about the game.

You can also download the free playable demo on the top of the Kickstarter page or here. Feel free to download it, play it, enjoy it and tell me what you don't like about it so I can make it better. ;)

As I know many of you are RPG enthusiasts, streamers and youtuber, feel free to share it with your audience, it would help me a lot!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom