Betrayal at Krondor - Remastered Demo

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Neal Hallford wants to learn Amazon's new game engine. He re-created a part of Betrayal at Krondor:

Betrayal at Krondor: Remastered_Dialogue and Keywords

In the first Betrayal at Krondor: Remastered demonstration video, designer Neal Hallford walks through the dialogue and keyword systems, the first to be implemented for the recreation of this classic RPG.

More information.

Finally!
I've already put my cash aside for this.

I had no idea this was even being worked on. Is he going to do the whole game? Or just a section of it?

He was saying a few years ago on the Codex that he wanted to do a Betrayal at Krondor kind of game under a new IP and a steampunk setting with golems in your party.

I told him he should have people in costumes to play out the still pictures cutscenes like the original but he said no way.

I think that with his good writing it helped a lot to identify with and empathize with the characters on screen.

An open world Midkemia is something I would pay cash for.(I know this is not what he is saying)
Same with Shannara.

So much lore and story

Neal is a cool guy. Too bad Thorvalla didn't work out.

Whatever he comes up with, I'd be buying.

Neal remains my hero. I still remember the puzzle chests and getting thrown out of inns for my poor performing. I save scummed a lot to raise that skill.

An open world Midkemia is something I would pay cash for.(I know this is not what he is saying)

I would pay for any RPG with this unique mixture: open 3D world and grid TB combat.

I would pay for any RPG with this unique mixture: open 3D world and grid TB combat.

I believe Dungeons of Aledorn has that combination. TBH, it's not one of the KS projects that gives me high confidence, but hopefully they will deliver.

Not quite.
It'll use hexagons and huge combat area like in Blackguards - that's totally different from Krondor's base.

Yeah I cannot think of another game that ran the same tactical grid that Krondor did, it was pretty unique. And pretty damn fabulous also. Just replayed that master last year and by god I just might play it again soon, lol.

Not quite.
It'll use hexagons and huge combat area like in Blackguards - that's totally different from Krondor's base.

Yeah, but Swann was asking for any RPG with open-world 3D and turn-based grid combat. Dungeons of Aledorn fits that description, even if it's slightly different from Krondor. It's a hexagonal grid, but Krondor was the inspiration. Here's what Neal said on their KS:

Since you evoked Betrayal at Krondor as the first game in your list of "inspirations", I simply HAD to come in and say I hope you have as much fun making it as I did in making BAK all those years ago (well me, along with John Cutter and the best development team I ever worked with). I'd love to see some of our fire back in the gaming world again. Best wishes,

Neal Hallford - Lead Writer and Co-Designer for "Betrayal at Krondor"

Thanks Ripper. Dungeons of Aledorn. Not the first time I hear this name, but I never checked the game. Let´s take a look.

PS:

Ah, Ok. A Greenlight. Seems interesting. Thx again!

Let's hope they pull it off. In principle I really like the idea, it's the very low budget and a slightly generic lack of personality that make me cautious.

Yes, you are right. I think that the trailer of the game gets exactly the opposite that it pretends: demotivation. Generic music, awkward graphics and a grid combat that reminds me very bad things about the last HoMMs from Ubisoft…

Back
Top Bottom