Tyranny - Emerged from the Ashes of Stormland

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Joxer spotted this interesting arcticle on Kotaku. Tyranny is actually a very old idea of Obsidian:

[...]

Feargus Urquhart:

“The story of Tyranny’s origins go pretty far back. We pitched a project called Fury in 2006 that was based in a world that had been laid waste by a magical apocalypse. From there, we started thinking more about the idea, and started pitching a game called Defiance in 2009. Defiance is where we really embraced the idea of making a game in a world where evil already won.”

“Move ahead a couple of years, and we did take some of the ideas from Defiance along with some new ones and pitched a new game called Stormlands. This pitch became the Xbox One launch game we were working on. However, that game was more like Fury when it came to it being about playing in a world after a magical apocalypse.”

“After that game had been cancelled, we returned to the ideas we had come up with for Defiance. We began building a more in-depth world around the idea along with thinking how could we really let the player understand that evil won the war. That spawned the thought about letting the player take part in the conquering of the world itself as a part of character creation.”

[...]
More information.

I'd imagine they would have quite a few assets and world lore available by the time Stormlands got cancelled. I wonder if those will be used those for a new game? Hopefully it all works out for them.

Let me know once all the patching is done is all I can say..

Not even that interested in any new games any more. As I find beta means just an idea we have for a game. Release means Beta, EE Copy means thanks to everyone for testing our game.

Back
Top Bottom