VtM: Bloodlines - Unoffcial Patch 9.5 beta

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wesp5 is still working on Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. Patch 9.5 beta is out:

Changelog:

v9.5 20.03.2016
  • Recreated Smoke Shop in SM and integrated it into the libray quest.
  • Created Coffee Shop in SM and integrated it into the libray quest.
  • Restored nine random sounds to Giovanni Mansion and Malkavian Maze.
  • Added two new Malkavian Maze areas and riddle, thanks to Psycho-A.
  • Improved cook model, oilrig reflection and SDK, thanks to Psycho-A.
  • Fixed Patty-turnstile-issue and many map details, thanks Psycho-A.
  • Restored four muffled sounds to downtown and two to Hollywood hubs.
  • Fixed SPAS secondary fire spread and made Chastity biteable again.
  • Added skulls to ritual chamber and fixed Red Spot storage door bug.
  • Fixed delayed identification of occult powerups and infobar icons.
  • Added new notes to museum outside and to the two Santa Monica hubs.
  • Made Edward's theme play only after the Ocean House has been left.
  • Restored two newspaper headers and fixed whispers, thanks Psycho-A.
  • Fixed library guard sound group and added post-installation-infos.
  • Made male blood doll bi and fixed some other minor dialogue issues.
  • Fixed Ming temple clipping columns and improved notes readability.
  • Removed basic maze note, plus emails and ignitions on Fu explosion.
  • Disabled bad downtown hospital sounds and illogical debris vanish.
  • Added infos about Auspex auras, Numina and more to the walkthrough.
  • Removed Malkavian whispers of other clans in tutorial and warrens.
  • Changed name of combination hunter shield Numina to "Faith Shield".
  • Restored Sin Bin machine breaking and adjusted Giovanni door lock.
  • Corrected netcafe sound schemes switch and fixed many streetlights.
  • Fixed SM schrecknet door lock and disabled a Venture Tower button.
More information.

When will this game get into GOG's catalog ?

Are these fixes or fan-made additions, or a mix of both?

I appreciate how much work Wesp5 has put into this over the years, but I think it's time to stop. There aren't any significant bugs left in the game at this point, and it's been that way for quite some time.

He needs to make a "final" patch, and stop changing minor things because he thinks they're better in one way or another.

Are these fixes or fan-made additions, or a mix of both?

Most are fixes or restoring lost content (I don't know to what degree this content is fan made, and how much was present in the code). VtM:BL, one of my favorite all time games, was released hopelessly bugged and with a good deal of its originally planned content missing. It spelled the end of Troika games, and sold terribly upon release due to its buggy nature. (Back then I was really interested in the game and followed it in the media. I also only bought it nine months after release, a few patches later, and already with a steep discount). In a way its very reminiscent of Kotor 2, a game which also suffered from being released too soon, and with a good deal of its planned content missing. This is one of the reasons I am very patient when games are delayed. I think there still might be a Troika games if this game was properly finished on release and received the good reviews and the sales it deserved.

I doubt that VTMB sold poorly because of bugs. It probably didn't have sufficient advertising. The publisher may not have cared much for it or didn't think Troika was going to deliver on their promises and so cut their losses. It also would have helped sales if it had been multiplatform.

KOTOR 2 was an interesting crash course development effort. I think Obsidian were required to get it out within a year. They used the pre-existing tech, as they had before and have since, and threw together as much game as possible.

I doubt that VTMB sold poorly because of bugs. It probably didn't have sufficient advertising.

KOTOR 2 was an interesting crash course development effort. I think Obsidian were required to get it out within a year. They used the pre-existing tech, as they had before and have since, and threw together as much game as possible.

You're right about VTMB. Advertising was bad, and its release date was the same day when HL 2 released. And because they used Source, Troika just couldn't release VTMB before HL 2. And of course, lots of bugs, including few critical... well, we all know what happened next.

About KOTOR 2... IIRC, Lucas Arts told Obsidian to finish the game before Christmas, and developers had to cut off lots of content.

I doubt that VTMB sold poorly because of bugs. It probably didn't have sufficient advertising. The publisher may not have cared much for it or didn't think Troika was going to deliver on their promises and so cut their losses. It also would have helped sales if it had been multiplatform.

I remember reading a devestating review which called it unfinished and unplayable from a major gaming magazine back then, which was the reason I didn't buy it when it was released.

VtM: Bloodlines failed mostly because of Steam withholding the newer game engine, and the publisher forcing Troika to release the game with all it's bugs & unfinished content.

Don't believe me just google for interviews & articles with the information.

Back
Top Bottom